Bibliography of English Language Scholarship on Ezra Pound
(Assembled and edited by Archie Henderson and Roxana Preda)
BOOKS BY EZRA POUND
- Pound, Ezra. Cathay. A Critical Edition. Ed. Timothy Billings. Foreword by Haun Saussy. Introduction by Christopher Bush. New York: Fordham UP, 2018.
Contents, pp. vii-ix -- Foreword: The Archive of Cathay, by Haun Saussy, pp. xi-xvii -- Introduction: “From the Decipherings,” by Christopher Bush, pp. 1-13 -- Editor’s Introduction: Cracking the Crib, by Timothy Billings, pp. 15-32 -- Cathay (1915). Front Matter to Cathay, pp. 33-34 -- Song of the Bowmen of Shu, p. 35 -- The Beautiful Toilet, p. 36 -- The River Song, pp. 37-38 -- The River Merchant’s Wife: A Letter, p. 39 -- The Jewel Stairs’ Grievance, p. 40 -- Poem by the Bridge at Ten-shin, p. 41 -- Lament of the Frontier Guard, p. 42 -- Exile’s Letter, pp. 43-45 -- The Seafarer, pp. 46-48 -- Four Poems of Departure: “Light rain is on the light dust,” p. 49 -- Separation on the River Kiang, p. 49 -- Taking Leave of a Friend, p. 50 -- Leave-Taking near Shoku, p. 50 -- The City of Choan, p. 51 -- South-Folk in Cold Country, p. 52 -- Back Matter to Cathay, p. 53 -- From Lustra (1916): The Chinese Poems. Additions to Cathay. Sennin Poem by Kakuhaku, p. 57 -- A Ballad of the Mulberry Road, p. 58 -- Old Idea of Choan by Rosoriu, p. 59 -- To-Em-Mei’s “The Unmoving Cloud,” p. 60 -- Miscellaneous Poems. After Chu Yuan, p. 63- Liu Ch’e, p. 63 -- Fan Piece, For Her Imperial Lord, p. 64 -- Ts’ai Chi’h, p. 64 -- Ancient Wisdom, Rather Cosmic, p. 65 -- Epitaphs, p. 65 -- The Little Review (1918): Two Translations. Dawn on the Mountain, p. 69 -- Wine, p. 69 -- Cribs for Cathay & Other Poems. Editorial Conventions, pp. 73-74 -- Front Matter to Cathay, pp. 75-77 -- Song of the Bowmen of Shu (Classic of Poetry 詩經 167), pp. 78-89 -- The Beautiful Toilet (attrib. Mei Sheng 枚乘), pp. 90-97 -- The River Song (Li Bo 李白), pp. 98-117 -- The River Merchant’s Wife: A Letter (Li Bo 李白), pp. 118-132 -- The Jewel Stairs’ Grievance (Li Bo 李白), pp. 133-137 -- Poem by the Bridge at Ten-shin (Li Bo 李白), pp. 138-150 -- Lament of the Frontier Guard (Li Bo 李白), pp. 151-160 -- Exile’s Letter (Li Bo 李白), pp. 161-192 -- The Seafarer (Anonymous), pp. 193-215 -- Four Poems of Departure. “Light rain is on the light dust,” pp. 216-219 -- Separation on the River Kiang (Li Bo 李白), pp. 220-224 -- Taking Leave of a Friend (Li Bo 李白), pp. 225-231 -- Leave-Taking near Shoku (Li Bo 李白), pp. 232-235 -- The City of Choan (Li Bo 李白), pp. 236-242 -- South-Folk in Cold Country (Li Bo 李白), pp. 243-250 -- Back Matter to Cathay, pp. 251-252 -- Sennin Poem by Kakuhaku (Guo Pu 郭璞), pp. 253-260 -- A Ballad of the Mulberry Road (Anonymous), pp. 261-267 -- Old Idea of Choan by Rosoriu (Lu Zhaolin 盧照鄰), pp. 268-276 -- To-Em-Mei’s “The Unmoving Cloud” (Tao Yuanming 陶淵明), pp. 277-286 -- After Chu Yuan (屈原 Qu Yuan), pp. 287-296 -- Liu Ch’e (Liu Che 劉徹), pp. 297-299 -- Fan Piece, For Her Imperial Lord (attrib. Ban Jieyu 班婕妤), pp. 300-303 -- Ts’ai Chi’h (Pound), pp. 304-308 -- Ancient Wisdom, Rather Cosmic (Li Bo 李白), pp. 309-314 -- Epitaphs / Fu I (Fu Yi 傅奕) and Li Po (Pound), pp. 315-316 -- Dawn on the Mountain (Wang Wei 王維), pp. 317-319 -- Wine (Li Bo 李白), pp. 320-324 -- Chinese Poetry (1918), pp. 325-331 -- Acknowledgments, pp. 333-335 -- Bibliography, pp. 337-343. Chapter excerpts in lieu of abstracts.
- Pound, Ezra, and Olga Rudge. The Blue Spill. Ed. Mark Byron. London: Bloomsbury, 2019. Preview. Foreword and Acknowledgements.
- Dowthwaite, James. Ezra Pound and 20th-Century Theories of Language. Faith with the Word. London: Routledge, 2019.
- Liebregts, Peter. Translations of Greek Tragedy in the Work of Ezra Pound. London and New York: Bloomsbury, 2019.
- Bone, Katherine. "The Image Complex: Challenges to the Imagist Hegemony in Contemporary American Poetry." Diss. U of St Andrews, 2019. Abstract.
- Molina Robles, José Luis. "Poetics in Translation: 'Make it New' by Ezra Pound and 'Transcreation' by Haroldo de Campos." Diss. Eberhard Karls U Tübingen, 2019. Free online.
- Su, Kent (Yi-Kuan). "Chinese landscapes in Ezra Pound's Cantos." Diss. University College London, 2019. Abstract.
Baumann, Walter and Caterina Ricciardi, eds. Ezra Pound's Green World: Nature, Landscape and Language. Papers from the 26th Ezra Pound International Conference at Brunnenburg, 2015. Brighton: Edward Everett Root Publishers, 2019
Walter Baumann and Caterina Ricciardi, Preface, xi-xvii.
I. THE GREEN WORLD:
Walter Baumann, Ezra Pound and Trees, 3-9
Stoddard Martin, Sacred Landscape: Lago di Garda in the Work of Ezra Pound and D. H. Lawrence, 11-23
William Pratt, The Grasshopper and the Ant: Pound's Versions of Pastoral, 25-34
II. THE THREE PILLARS:
John Gery, What are Temples for: Spontaneity, Simultaneity and Fortuna in Canto 97, 37-53
Gerd Schmidt, "Sumerian" Hieroglyphs in Cantos 94, 97 and 100, 55-58
III. MYTH, BEAUTY AND A GURU:
Massimo Bacigalupo, The Green World in the Autobiographical Myth of The Cantos, 61-71
Stephen Romer, "The fine thing held in the mind": Painterliness Emanating in Pound's Early Poems and Cantos, 73-83
Mick Sheldon, Allen Upward's Influence on Ezra Pound's Green World, 85-96
IV. METAPHOR AND METAMORPHOSIS:
Jo Brantley Berryman, Pound's Green World: Mimesis, Metaphor, and Magic, 99-110
Rosella Mamoli Zorzi, The Myth of Daphne in Pound's Early Poetry, 111-121
Peter Liebregts, "Damned to you Midas, Midas lacking a Pan": Ezra Pound and the Use of Pan, 123-136
V. THEORY AND THE CANTOS:
Charles Altieri, Taking Fascist Ontology Seriously: Why "the Green World" Could Not Suffice for the Early Cantos, 139-151
Giuliana Ferreccio, Pound's Iconic Acts: Rituals and Natural Language in the Early-Middle Cantos, 153-164
Jonathan Pollock, The Poetics of Cut and Flow in The Cantos of Ezra Pound, 165-173
VI. EZRA POUND ON TV, IN SCHOOLS AND IN HIS DESCENDANTS:
Sean Mark, "Two larks in contrappunto / at sunset": Pound and Pasolini After the Fall, 177-192
Viorica Patea, Patrizia de Rachewiltz's My Taishan: Confessions in the Pound Tradition, 201-219, free online
John Gery, "Independence in a Green World": Mary de Rachewiltz as Student and Teacher, 221-228
2. The Edinburgh Companion to Ezra Pound and the Arts. Ed. Roxana Preda. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2019.
Acknowledgements viii; List of Abbreviations ix;
Roxana Preda. A Brief Introduction 1
PART I FOUNDATIONS
1. Giuliana Ferreccio. ‘Mermaids, that Carving’: Ezra Pound and Italian Art 9
2. Stephen Romer. ‘Templum Aedificavit’: Ezra Pound and Architecture 38
3. Mark Byron. Ezra Pound and East Asian Art 61, free online
4. Charles Timbrell. Ezra Pound and Old Music 78
5. Evelyn Haller. Ezra Pound: Premier Danseur by Proxy 87
6. R. Bruce Elder. Time, Speed, Precision and the Poetry of the Everyday; or, Ezra Pound’s Cinema Aesthetic 106
PART II THE LONDON PERIOD 1908–1920
7. Sara Dunton and Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos. Ezra Pound and Nineteenth-Century Aestheticism: Sharing ‘Breath for Beauty and the Arts’ with Rossetti and Pater 141
8. Jo Brantley Berryman. Ezra Pound and James McNeill Whistler: Modernism and Conceptual Art 157
9. Charles Timbrell. Ezra Pound and Walter Rummel 177
10. Justin Kishbaugh. ‘Museum Pieces’: Laurence Binyon, Ezra Pound and the Visual Arts 183
11. Mark Antliff. Into the Vortex: Ezra Pound, Anarchism and the Ideological Project of Art Criticism 193
12. Paul Edwards. ‘Intelligence . . . Shut In by the Entrenched Forces of Stupidity’: Ezra Pound and Wyndham Lewis 214
13. Ira Nadel. Vorticist Photography, or The Three Angles of Ezra Pound and Alvin Langdon Coburn 231
14. Sean Mark. ‘Creation and Action’: Ezra Pound and Italian Futurism 247
15. Jack Baker. Ezra Pound and Wassily Kandinsky: Inner Necessity and the Paradiso Terrestre 260
16. Stephen Adams. Agnes Bedford: An Invisible Helpmate 273
PART III PARIS 1921–1924
17. Roxana Preda. Constantin Brâncuşi, Vorticist: Sculpture, Art Criticism, Poetry 283
18. Mauro Piccinini. Percussive Music for a Triangle: Ezra Pound’s Relationship with George Antheil and Olga Rudge 305, free online
19. Scott W. Klein. ‘Like Coins out of Circulation’: Reframing Ezra Pound’s Le Testament 334
20. Gemma Moss. Ezra Pound as Music Theorist: Antheil and the Treatise on Harmony 347, free online
21. Margaret Fisher. The Expansion of a Theory: Great Bass and Ballet mécanique 359
22. Leslee Smucker. Renaissance Man: Ezra Pound’s Search for a Contemporary Colour Palette Through His Solo Violin Works 376
PART IV THE ITALIAN YEARS 1925–1945
23. Massimo Bacigalupo. Ezra Pound’s Artistic Thinking and Relations in Italy, 1925–1945 397
24. Charles Mundye. Music Recollected: Ezra Pound’s Cavalcanti 415
25. Roxana Preda and Heriberto Cruz Cornejo. Vida Sin Fin: Ezra Pound and Gerhart Münch 445
PART V WASHINGTON: MENTORING THE YOUNG IN THE 1950s
26. Alec Marsh. Sheri Martinelli: The White Goddess 463
27. Galateia Demetriou. Art ‘in the Solid’: Ezra Pound and Michael Lekakis 477
28. Daniel Hackbarth. A ‘Transference of Power’: Ezra Pound and the Cinema of Hollis Frampton 483
Notes on Contributors 503; Bibliography 509; Index 539
3. A Companion to Ezra Pound's Economics. Eds. Ralf Lüfter and Roxana Preda. Nordhausen: Traugott Bautz, 2019.
- Ralf Lüfter. Economics out of Ethics. 3-12
EZRA POUND - THE ECONOMIST
- A. David Moody. Economics and the Economy of The Cantos. 13-36
- Sebastian Berger. Towards a Poetic Economics: Studies in Ezra Pound’s “Poetry with a Hammer.” 37-66.
- Leon Surette. Pound, Economic Guru. 67-88.
- Bill Freind. From the Oikos to the Cosmos: The Anti - Economics of Ezra Pound. 89-114.
CONSTITUTIVE ASPECTS OF EZRA POUND'S ECONOMICS
- Alex Pestell. The Bank of England and the “Crime / Ov two Centuries.” 115-36.
- Roxana Preda. Gold and / or Humaneness: Pound’s Vision of Civilisation in Canto 97. 137-60.
- Peter Liebregts. Ezra Pound, Aristotle and Ancient Greek Economics. 161-82.
- Mark Byron. The Poetic Dimension of Economics: Byzantium. 183-206, free online.
- Alec Marsh. Pound’s Agrarian Bent: Physiocracy and the Ideological Origins of the Wheat in Our Bread Party. 207-34.
- Mark Steven. Ezra Pound and Mr Marx, Karl. 235-54.
- Kristin Grogan. Ezra Pound and the Anarchist Economics of Silvio Gesell. 255-74
- Guy Stevenson. “Money and how it gets the way”: Ezra Pound, Henry Miller and the Economic Process of the 1930s. 275-98.
VOLUMES INCLUDING MATERIAL ON EZRA POUND
- Brown, Stephen Gilbert. Hemingway, Trauma and Masculinity: In the Garden of the Uncanny. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019 [An Uncanny Genealogy: Agassiz, Roosevelt, and Pound, 193-222, abstract].
- Burnside, John. The Music of Time: Poetry in the Twentieth Century. London: Profile Books, 2019 ["A Stony Invitation To Reflect"].
- Calonne, David Stephen. Diane di Prima: Visionary Poetics and the Hidden Religions. New York, London, Oxford, New Delhi, Sydney: Bloomsbury Academic, 2019 [2. Return to New York: From Ezra Pound to the I Ching, 1953-60, 27-60].
- Castiglione, Davide. Difficulty in Poetry. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019 [1. Organisms of Difficulty: The Data, 169-196]. Free online and here.
- The Classics in Modernist Translation. Ed. Miranda Hickman and Lynn Kozak. London: Bloomsbury, 2019 [Part l. Ezra Pound on Translation: Out of Homer: Greek in Pound's Cantos, by George Varsos, 21-32; Translating the Odyssey: Andreas Divus, Old English, and Ezra Pound's Canto 1, by Massimo Cè, 33-44; To Translate or Not to Translate? Pound's Prosodic Provocations in Hugh Selwyn Mauberley, by Demetres Tryphonopoulos and Sara Dunton, 45-56; Respondent Essay 1: Ringing True: Poundian Translation and Poetic Music, by Michael Coyle, 57-62, chapter extracts].
- Creswell, Robyn. City of Beginnings: Poetic Modernism in Beirut. Princeton: Princeton UP, 2019. Introduction.
- Mather, Jeffrey. Twentieth-Century Literary Encounters in China: Modernism, Travel, and Form. New York and London: Routledge, 2019 [7. Ethnography and Poetic Method: Southwest China, Joseph Rock, and Ezra Pound’s "Drafts & Fragments," 142-163, chapter abstract].
- Robert Lowell in a New Century: European and American Perspectives. Ed. Thomas Austenfeld. Rochester, NY, and Woodbridge, Suffolk: Camden House, 2019 [Grzegorz Kość, "Robert Lowell and Ezra Pound's Economics," 81-94, abstract and here; Massimo Bacigalupo, "Robert Lowell and Ezra Pound in Washington and Rapallo," 95-104, abstract and here].
- Scott, Brett L. R. Murray Schafer: A Creative Life. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield, 2019.
- Taunton, Matthew. Red Britain: The Russian Revolution in Mid-Century Culture. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019 [4. Homestead versus Kolschoz, chapter abstract].
- Tearle, Oliver. The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem. London: Bloomsbury Academic, 2019 [4. 'The Age Demanded': Ezra Pound, Hugh Selwyn Mauberley].
- Thacker, Andrew. Modernism, Space, and the City: Outsiders and Affect in Paris, Vienna, Berlin and London. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2019.
- Wang, Guanglin. Translation in Diasporic Literatures. Singapore: Palgrave Pivot, 2019 [5. Translating Intersemiotically: Photographing West and East in Brian Castro's Shanghai Dancing, 73-105, chapter abstract].
- Wellman, Donald. Expressivity in Modern Poetry. Vancouver, Madison, Teaneck, Wroxton: Fairleigh Dickinson UP, 2019 [Section One. Radical Realism. How E.P. Dispersed Molecularly throughout the Pisan Cantos, 49-60].
- Wylie, Alex. Geoffrey Hill's later work: Radiance of apprehension. Manchester: Manchester UP, 2019 [2. A postscript on modernist poetics?, chapter abstract and here].
ARTICLES IN JOURNALS AND COLLECTIONS
- Aji, Hélène. "The Common Pedagogy of the Uncommon Building Aesthetic Community from the Ezuniversity to Black Mountain College and Beyond." Modernist Communities across Cultures and Media. Ed. Caroline Pollentier and Sarah Wilson. Gainesville: UP of Florida, 2019. 68-86. Chapter abstract.
- Barnhisel, Greg. "New Directions Books." Publishing Modernist Fiction and Poetry. Edited by Lise Jaillant. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2019. 175-192.
- Byron, Mark. "Chinese Poetical Histories in Ezra Pound and Gary Snyder." Critical Quarterly 61.1 (2019): 99-114. Free online.
- Byron, Mark. "[A Cross in the Margin]: Inscription and Erasure in Jacques Derrida and Ezra Pound." Understanding Derrida, Understanding Modernism. Ed. Jean-Michel Rabaté. London: Bloomsbury, 2019. 157-177. Free online.
- Čapková, Helena. "The Hawk Princess at the Hawk's Well: Neo-Noh and the Idea of a Universal Japan." Imagined Cosmopolis Internationalism and Cultural Exchange, 1870s-1920s. Ed. Charlotte Ashby, Grace Brockington, Daniel Laqua, and Sarah Victoria Turner. Oxford: Peter Lang, 2019. 409-428. Free online.
- Davis, Alex. "Collaborator: Ezra Pound, Translation, and Appropriation." Modernist Cultures 14.1 (February 2019): 17-35. Abstract.
- Dingee, William. "Did Their Propertius Walk That Way? Ezra Pound's Homage to Sextus Propertius as a Complaint against Classical Philology." Classical Receptions Journal 11.1 (Jan. 2019): 81-99. Free online.
- Donoghue, Denis. "The Kenner-Davenport Era." The Hopkins Review 12.3 (Summer 2019): 426-436. Free online.
- Elahi, Bijan. "Dancing in Chains: Bijan Elahi on the Art of Translation." Trans. Rebecca Ruth Gould and Kayvan Tahmasebian. Wasafiri 34.3 [no. 99] (Sept. 2019): 64-68 [III. From Elahi, Translation in Every Words (1985) (comparing translations of the Shih Ching into English by Bernhard Karlgren, Arthur Waley, and Ezra Pound), 65-66]. Free online and here.
- Forrest, Seth Johnson. "'Mu-sick, mu-sick, mu-sick': Olson's stammer and the poetics of noise." Staying Open: Charles Olson's Sources and Influences. Ed. Joshua Hoeynck. Wilmington, Delaware: Vernon Press, 2019. 87-98. Free online.
- Gamboa Tusquets, Yolanda. "Translating Alejandro Céspedes with Ezra Pound." Translation Review 104.1 (May 2019): 30-49 [on "melopoeia," "phanopoeia," and "logopoeia" as three levels of decision-making for a translator]. First page.
- Han, Jihee. "Translation and the Illusion of Transparency: A Case Study of 'Culturally-Correct' Chinese Re-translation of Ezra Pound's 'Taking Leave of a Friend' (送友人)." 현대영미시연구 [Journal of Modern British and American Poetry] 25.1 (Spring 2019): 215-246. Free online.
- Hart, Jonathan Locke. "Poetry in English as Comparative and World Literature." University of Toronto Quarterly 88.2 (Spring 2019): 229-245. Abstract.
- Houwen, Andrew. "The Japanese Sources of Ezra Pound's 'In a Station of the Metro.'" Ezra Pound Review (The Ezra Pound Society of Japan) 21 (3 February 2019): 85-101. Free online and here.
- Liebregts, Peter. "Ezra Pound." The Oxford History of Classical Reception in English Literature. Vol. 5. Ed. Kenneth Haynes. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019. 358-99.
- MacKay, Duncan. "The Cat in the Basket: Ezra Pound's Fragments" [on Drafts and Fragments]. PN Review 45.6 (July/Aug. 2019): 62-63. First page.
- Matore, Daniel. "Pound's Transmissions: Typography, Phonography, and Notation." Modernism/modernity 26.2 (April 2019): 351-373. Excerpt and first page.
- McMullan, Luke. "Counter-Philology: Ezra Pound as Translator of Provençal and Cavalcanti, 1917-1932." Textual Practice 33.4 (Apr. 2019): 585-604. Abstract.
- Pasini, Leandro. "Difference and Difficulty: Multilingualism and Translation in Modernist Studies' Global Turn." Modernism/modernity 26.2 (April 2019): 399-418. Excerpt and first page.
- Pender, Elisabeth. "Exemplarity and Quotation: Ezra Pound's How to Read, Modernist Criticism and the Limits of Close Reading." Critical Quarterly 61.1 (2019): 67-81.
- Rinaldi, Andrea. "Caged verses: some new notes on the politics of The Pisan Cantos." Vegueta. Anuario de la Facultad de Geografía e Historia 19 (2019): 381-401. Free online and here and here and here and here.
- Robinson, Peter. "Aphoristic Gaps and Theories of the Image." Aphoristic Modernity, 1880 to the Present. Ed. Kostas Boyiopoulos and Michael Shallcross. Leiden: Brill, 2019. 21-36 [on "In a Station of the Metro," 29-34]. First two pages.
- Rose, Adrienne K. Ho. "[it] shakes my whole breathing being: Rethinking Gender with Translation in Anne Carson's 'A Fragment of Ibykos Translated Six Ways'" [in part, on Pound's version of Ibykos' fragment 286 ("The Spring")]. Konturen 10 (2019): 126-151. Free online.
Şenlen Güvenç, Sıla. "'No Man Hath Dared to Write this Thing as Yet': Tradition and the Individual Talent of Ezra Pound." Ankara Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi / Ankara University Journal of Social Sciences 10 (2019): 118-129. Free online and here and here and here.
Tryphonopoulos, Demetres, and Ira B. Nadel. "'The dead art of poetry': Approaches to Teaching Ezra Pound's Poetry and Prose." Research Connection (Brandon U) 5.1 (May 2019): 1-2. Free online and here.
Wilson, Aimee Armande. "Was Ezra Pound the 'Midwife' of The Waste Land? Surgeons, Midwives, and 'Sage Homme.'" Feminist Modernist Studies 2.2 (May 2019): 212-231. Abstract.
Zhu, Lihong, and Feng Wang. "A Study of Tang Poetry's Influence on American Poetry: A New Perspective of 'Eight Beauties.'" European Journal of Literature, Language and Linguistics Studies 3.2 (2019): 66-82. Free online and here and here.
- Anderson, Natasha. Rev. of Rachel Trousdale, ed. Humor in Modern American Poetry. European Journal of American Studies, Reviews 2019-2, 15 July 2019. Free online.
- Anon. Rev. of The Classics in Modernist Translation, ed. Miranda Hickman and Lynn Kozak. ProtoView, Apr. 2019.
- Anon. Rev. of The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem, by Oliver Tearle. ProtoView, Mar. 2019.
- Bacigalupo, Massimo. Rev. of The Late Cantos of Ezra Pound: Composition, Revision, Publication, by Michael Kindellan. Modern Language Review 114.2 (April 2019): 367-369. First page.
- Dirda, Michael. "A Well Lettered Friendship." National Review 71.14 (Aug. 12, 2019): 45+. Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, volumes 1 and 2, edited by Edward M. Burns. Free online.
- Frayn, Andrew. Rev. of Oliver Tearle, The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem. The Review of English Studies, Published: 26 August 2019. Abstract.
- Goldman, Jonathan. Rev. of Robert Spoo, Modernism and the Law. The Review of English Studies, Published: 10 June 2019. Abstract.
- Harris, James Thornton. “The Secret Life of CIA Spymaster James Jesus Angleton.” Rev. of The Ghost: The Secret Life of CIA Spymaster James Jesus Angleton, by Jefferson Morley. History News Network, April 7, 2019. Free online.
- Heer, Jeet. "Adventures in Modernism." Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, ed. Edward M. Burns. The New Republic, March 20, 2019. Free online.
- Hibbitt, Richard. Rev. of François Villon in English Poetry: Translation and Influence, by Claire Pascolini-Campbell. Translation and Literature 28.2-3 (Sept. 2019): 349-355. First page.
- Howard, Alexander. Rev. of Ezra Pound in the Present: Essays on Pound's Contemporaneity, ed. Paul Stasi and Josephine Park. The Modern Language Review 114.4 (October 2019): 863-866. First page.
- Krolewski, Sara. Rev. of Andrew Thacker, Modernism, Space, and the City: Outsiders and Affect in Paris, Vienna, Berlin and London. FORUM: University of Edinburgh Postgraduate Journal of Culture & the Arts 28 (Spring 2019). Free online and here.
- Logan, William. "Pound's China/Pound's 'Cathay.'" New Criterion (April 2019). Rev. of Cathay: A Critical Edition, by Ezra Pound, ed. Timothy Billings. Free online.
- Lynd, Juliet. Rev. of Incomparable Empires: Modernism and the Translation of Spanish and American Literature, by Gayle Rogers. Comparative Literature Studies 56.2 (July 2019): e-24-e-28. Excerpt and first page.
- Madrid, Anthony. Rev. of Cathay: A Critical Edition, by Ezra Pound, ed. Timothy Billings. RHINO Reviews! 2.4 (October 2019). Free online.
- Massie, Allan. "Book review: The Music of Time, by John Burnside." The Scotsman, 9 October 2019. Free online.
- McRae, Calista. Rev. of Humor in Modern American Poetry, ed. Rachel Trousdale. Studies in American Humor 5.1 (Apr. 2019): 259-262. Excerpt and first page.
- Meyers, Jeffrey. "Literary Godfathers." Rev. of An Uncommon Reader: A Life of Edward Garnett, by Helen Smith; The Bughouse: The Poetry, Politics and Madness of Ezra Pound, by Daniel Swift. The Antioch Review 77.1 (Winter 2019): 43-51. First page.
- Mills, Gareth. Rev. of Lise Jaillant (ed.). Publishing Modernist Fiction and Poetry. The Review of English Studies, Published: 4 August 2019. Abstract and here.
- Nicholls, Peter. “‘Irrritble’ and ‘purrsistent’: Ezra Pound in His Letters.” Rev. of Ezra Pound and the Globe Magazine, eds. Michael T. Davis and Cameron McWhirter and One Must Not Go Altogether with the Tide: The Letters of Ezra Pound and Stanley Nott, ed. Miranda Hickman. Modernist Cultures 12.1 (March 2017): 141-6.
- Niven, Alex. Rev. of Mark Steven, Red Modernism: American Poetry and the Spirit of Communism. Literature & History 28.1 (May 2019): 118-120. First page.
- Ou, Rong. Rev. of East-West Exchange and Late Modernism: Williams, Moore, Pound, by Zhaoming Qian. Modernism/modernity 26.1 (January 2019): 238-239. Excerpt and first page.
- Pietrzak, Wit. Rev. of Michael Kindellan, The Late Cantos of Ezra Pound: Composition, Revision, Publication, and Andrew S. Gross, The Pound Reaction: Liberalism and Lyricism in Midcentury American Literature. European Journal of American Studies, Reviews 2018-3, 7 January 2019. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. Rev. of by Michael Kindellan.
- Quartermain, Peter. Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, ed. Edward M. Burns. Textual Cultures 12.1 (2019): 189-193. Free online and here.
- Reynier, Christine. Rev. of Lise Jaillant, Cheap Modernism. Expanding Markets, Publishers’ Series and the Avant-Garde. Études britanniques contemporaines 56 (2019). Free online.
- Sledge, Martha. Rev. of East-West Exchange and Late Modernism: Williams, Moore, Pound, by Zhaoming Qian. Comparative Literature Studies 56.3 (Oct. 2019): 623-626. Excerpt and first page.
- Stone, Jonathan. Rev. of The River of Time: Time-Space, History, and Language in Avant-Garde, Modernist, and Contemporary Russian and Anglo-American Poetry, by Ian Probstein. Slavic Review 78.2 (Summer 2019): 599-600. First page. Second page.
- Stubbs, Tara. Rev. of Warwick Gould (ed.). Yeats's Legacies: Yeats Annual No. 21. Cambridge, UK: Open Book Publishers, 2018. The Review of English Studies 70.294 (April 2019): 384-386. Abstract.
- Szefel, Lisa. "Ezra Pound's Psychiatric Salon." Rev. of Daniel Swift, The Bughouse: The Poetry, Politics, and Madness of Ezra Pound. Reviews in American History 47.3 (Sept. 2019): 422-427. Excerpt and first page.
- Tokarsky, B. Rev. of The River of Time: Time-Space, History, and Language in Avant-Garde, Modernist, and Contemporary Russian and Anglo-American Poetry, by Ian Probstein. The Slavonic and East European Review 97.2 (April 2019): 355-357. First page. Third page.
- Volpicelli, Robert. "The New Decadence." Rev. of three books, including Modernism and the Reinvention of Decadence, by Vincent Sherry. Modernism/modernity 26.1 (January 2019): 213-218. Excerpt and first page.
- Wall, Joshua Logan. Rev. of two books, including The Transmutation of Love and Avant-Garde Poetics, by Jeanne Heuving. American Literature 91.3 (Sept. 2019): 660-662. Abstract.
- Wei, Lin. Rev. of Zhaoming Qian, East-West Exchange and Late Modernism: Williams, Moore, Pound. Affirmations: of the Modern 6.1 (Spring 2019): 138-143. Free online.
- Woodward, Guy. Rev. of Red Britain: The Russian Revolution in Mid-Century Culture, by Matthew Taunton. Textual Practice, Published online: 12 June 2019. First page.
- Amateur Reader (Tom). "Ezra Pound's Literary Essays, or 'the science of being discontented.'" Wuthering Expectations, February 27, 2019. Free online.
- Atwood, Margaret. "The Gift of Lewis Hyde's 'The Gift.'" The Daily (The Paris Review blog), September 16, 2019. Free online.
- Barnes, David. "The Narrative of European Civilization within Radical Right Discourse." Centre for Analysis of the Radical Right Blog, April 2, 2019. Free online.
- The Cantos | Study Guide. Course Hero, 2019. Free online.
- De Leon, Ryan. "Breaking the Pentameter: Imagism's Radical Break with Tradition." Sons and Daughters Literary Journal, 2019? Free online.
- De Leon, Ryan. "Manifest Destiny: The Manifesto in Modernism." Sons and Daughters Literary Journal, 2019? Free online.
- Heer, Jeet. "Pound, Politics and Poetry." Talking Points Memo, March 22, 2019. Free online.
- Mendelson, Edward. "Auden on No-Platforming Pound." NYR Daily (The New York Review of Books), February 27, 2019. Free online.
- Menendez, Juan Carlos. "Ezra Pound and Medinaceli." Steemit, April 9, 2019. Free online.
- Parry, Revd David William. "Politics, Poetry and Ezra Pound." E-International Relations, June 19, 2019. Free online.
- Sellar, Gord. "Blogging the Cantos: Series Table of Contents." gordsellar.com, June 12, 2019. Free online.
- Sellar, Gordon. "Canto LXVIII." Part 54 of 55 in the series Blogging Ezra Pound’s The Cantos. gordsellar.com, April 17, 2019. Free online.
- Sellar, Gordon. "Cantos LXIX and LXX." Part 55 of 55 in the series Blogging Ezra Pound’s The Cantos. gordsellar.com, June 12, 2019. Free online.