Bibliography of English Language Scholarship on Ezra Pound
Assembled and edited by Archie Henderson and Roxana Preda
BOOKS BY EZRA POUND
Pound, Ezra. Cathay. A Critical Edition. Ed. Timothy Billings. Foreword by Haun Saussy. Introd. by Christopher Bush. New York: Fordham UP, 2018.
Contents, pp. vii-ix -- Foreword: The Archive of Cathay, by Haun Saussy, pp. xi-xvii -- Introduction: “From the Decipherings,” by Christopher Bush, pp. 1-13 -- Editor’s Introduction: Cracking the Crib, by Timothy Billings, pp. 15-32 -- Cathay (1915). Front Matter to Cathay, pp. 33-34 -- Song of the Bowmen of Shu, p. 35 -- The Beautiful Toilet, p. 36 -- The River Song, pp. 37-38 -- The River Merchant’s Wife: A Letter, p. 39 -- The Jewel Stairs’ Grievance, p. 40 -- Poem by the Bridge at Ten-shin, p. 41 -- Lament of the Frontier Guard, p. 42 -- Exile’s Letter, pp. 43-45 -- The Seafarer, pp. 46-48 -- Four Poems of Departure: “Light rain is on the light dust,” p. 49 -- Separation on the River Kiang, p. 49 -- Taking Leave of a Friend, p. 50 -- Leave-Taking near Shoku, p. 50 -- The City of Choan, p. 51 -- South-Folk in Cold Country, p. 52 -- Back Matter to Cathay, p. 53 -- From Lustra (1916): The Chinese Poems. Additions to Cathay. Sennin Poem by Kakuhaku, p. 57 -- A Ballad of the Mulberry Road, p. 58 -- Old Idea of Choan by Rosoriu, p. 59 -- To-Em-Mei’s “The Unmoving Cloud,” p. 60 -- Miscellaneous Poems. After Chu Yuan, p. 63- Liu Ch’e, p. 63 -- Fan Piece, For Her Imperial Lord, p. 64 -- Ts’ai Chi’h, p. 64 -- Ancient Wisdom, Rather Cosmic, p. 65 -- Epitaphs, p. 65 -- The Little Review (1918): Two Translations. Dawn on the Mountain, p. 69 -- Wine, p. 69 -- Cribs for Cathay & Other Poems. Editorial Conventions, pp. 73-74 -- Front Matter to Cathay, pp. 75-77 -- Song of the Bowmen of Shu (Classic of Poetry 詩經 167), pp. 78-89 -- The Beautiful Toilet (attrib. Mei Sheng 枚乘), pp. 90-97 -- The River Song (Li Bo 李白), pp. 98-117 -- The River Merchant’s Wife: A Letter (Li Bo 李白), pp. 118-132 -- The Jewel Stairs’ Grievance (Li Bo 李白), pp. 133-137 -- Poem by the Bridge at Ten-shin (Li Bo 李白), pp. 138-150 -- Lament of the Frontier Guard (Li Bo 李白), pp. 151-160 -- Exile’s Letter (Li Bo 李白), pp. 161-192 -- The Seafarer (Anonymous), pp. 193-215 -- Four Poems of Departure. “Light rain is on the light dust,” pp. 216-219 -- Separation on the River Kiang (Li Bo 李白), pp. 220-224 -- Taking Leave of a Friend (Li Bo 李白), pp. 225-231 -- Leave-Taking near Shoku (Li Bo 李白), pp. 232-235 -- The City of Choan (Li Bo 李白), pp. 236-242 -- South-Folk in Cold Country (Li Bo 李白), pp. 243-250 -- Back Matter to Cathay, pp. 251-252 -- Sennin Poem by Kakuhaku (Guo Pu 郭璞), pp. 253-260 -- A Ballad of the Mulberry Road (Anonymous), pp. 261-267 -- Old Idea of Choan by Rosoriu (Lu Zhaolin 盧照鄰), pp. 268-276 -- To-Em-Mei’s “The Unmoving Cloud” (Tao Yuanming 陶淵明), pp. 277-286 -- After Chu Yuan (屈原 Qu Yuan), pp. 287-296 -- Liu Ch’e (Liu Che 劉徹), pp. 297-299 -- Fan Piece, For Her Imperial Lord (attrib. Ban Jieyu 班婕妤), pp. 300-303 -- Ts’ai Chi’h (Pound), pp. 304-308 -- Ancient Wisdom, Rather Cosmic (Li Bo 李白), pp. 309-314 -- Epitaphs / Fu I (Fu Yi 傅奕) and Li Po (Pound), pp. 315-316 -- Dawn on the Mountain (Wang Wei 王維), pp. 317-319 -- Wine (Li Bo 李白), pp. 320-324 -- Chinese Poetry (1918), pp. 325-331 -- Acknowledgments, pp. 333-335 -- Bibliography, pp. 337-343. Chapter excerpts in lieu of abstracts.
Liebregts, Peter. Translations of Greek Tragedy in the Work of Ezra Pound. London and New York: Bloomsbury, 2019. Chapter abstracts.
Bone, Katherine. "The Image Complex: Challenges to the Imagist Hegemony in Contemporary American Poetry." Diss. U of St Andrews, 2019. Abstract.
Braun, Daniel Rafael. "Kinds of Wrong: The Liberalization of Modern Poetry 1910-1960." Diss. Princeton U, 2019 [in part, on the Bollingen controversy]. Abstract.
Molina Robles, José Luis. "Poetics in Translation: 'Make it New' by Ezra Pound and 'Transcreation' by Haroldo de Campos." Diss. Eberhard Karls U Tübingen, 2019. Free online.
- Williamson, Andrew. "Nothing to Say: Silence in Modernist American Poetry." Diss. Princeton U, 2019. Abstract.
Baumann, Walter and Caterina Ricciardi, eds. Ezra Pound's Green World: Nature, Landscape and Language. Papers from the 26th Ezra Pound International Conference at Brunnenburg, 2015. Brighton: Edward Everett Root Publishers, 2019
Walter Baumann and Caterina Ricciardi, Preface, xi-xvii.
I. THE GREEN WORLD:
Walter Baumann, Ezra Pound and Trees, 3-9
Stoddard Martin, Sacred Landscape: Lago di Garda in the Work of Ezra Pound and D. H. Lawrence, 11-23
William Pratt, The Grasshopper and the Ant: Pound's Versions of Pastoral, 25-34
II. THE THREE PILLARS:
John Gery, What are Temples for: Spontaneity, Simultaneity and Fortuna in Canto 97, 37-53
Gerd Schmidt, "Sumerian" Hieroglyphs in Cantos 94, 97 and 100, 55-58
III. MYTH, BEAUTY AND A GURU:
Massimo Bacigalupo, The Green World in the Autobiographical Myth of The Cantos, 61-71
Stephen Romer, "The fine thing held in the mind": Painterliness Emanating in Pound's Early Poems and Cantos, 73-83
Mick Sheldon, Allen Upward's Influence on Ezra Pound's Green World, 85-96
IV. METAPHOR AND METAMORPHOSIS:
Jo Brantley Berryman, Pound's Green World: Mimesis, Metaphor, and Magic, 99-110
Rosella Mamoli Zorzi, The Myth of Daphne in Pound's Early Poetry, 111-121
Peter Liebregts, "Damned to you Midas, Midas lacking a Pan": Ezra Pound and the Use of Pan, 123-136
V. THEORY AND THE CANTOS:
Charles Altieri, Taking Fascist Ontology Seriously: Why "the Green World" Could Not Suffice for the Early Cantos, 139-151
Giuliana Ferreccio, Pound's Iconic Acts: Rituals and Natural Language in the Early-Middle Cantos, 153-164
Jonathan Pollock, The Poetics of Cut and Flow in The Cantos of Ezra Pound, 165-173
VI. EZRA POUND ON TV, IN SCHOOLS AND IN HIS DESCENDANTS:
Sean Mark, "Two larks in contrappunto / at sunset": Pound and Pasolini After the Fall, 177-192
Viorica Patea, Patrizia de Rachewiltz's My Taishan: Confessions in the Pound Tradition, 201-219, free online
John Gery, "Independence in a Green World": Mary de Rachewiltz as Student and Teacher, 221-228
2. The Edinburgh Companion to Ezra Pound and the Arts. Ed. Roxana Preda. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2019.
Acknowledgements viii; List of Abbreviations ix;
Roxana Preda. A Brief Introduction 1
PART I FOUNDATIONS
1. Giuliana Ferreccio. ‘Mermaids, that Carving’: Ezra Pound and Italian Art 9
2. Stephen Romer. ‘Templum Aedificavit’: Ezra Pound and Architecture 38
3. Mark Byron. Ezra Pound and East Asian Art 61, free online
4. Charles Timbrell. Ezra Pound and Old Music 78
5. Evelyn Haller. Ezra Pound: Premier Danseur by Proxy 87
6. R. Bruce Elder. Time, Speed, Precision and the Poetry of the Everyday; or, Ezra Pound’s Cinema Aesthetic 106
PART II THE LONDON PERIOD 1908–1920
7. Sara Dunton and Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos. Ezra Pound and Nineteenth-Century Aestheticism: Sharing ‘Breath for Beauty and the Arts’ with Rossetti and Pater 141
8. Jo Brantley Berryman. Ezra Pound and James McNeill Whistler: Modernism and Conceptual Art 157
9. Charles Timbrell. Ezra Pound and Walter Rummel 177
10. Justin Kishbaugh. ‘Museum Pieces’: Laurence Binyon, Ezra Pound and the Visual Arts 183
11. Mark Antliff. Into the Vortex: Ezra Pound, Anarchism and the Ideological Project of Art Criticism 193
12. Paul Edwards. ‘Intelligence . . . Shut In by the Entrenched Forces of Stupidity’: Ezra Pound and Wyndham Lewis 214
13. Ira Nadel. Vorticist Photography, or The Three Angles of Ezra Pound and Alvin Langdon Coburn 231
14. Sean Mark. ‘Creation and Action’: Ezra Pound and Italian Futurism 247
15. Jack Baker. Ezra Pound and Wassily Kandinsky: Inner Necessity and the Paradiso Terrestre 260
16. Stephen Adams. Agnes Bedford: An Invisible Helpmate 273, free online
PART III PARIS 1921–1924
17. Roxana Preda. Constantin Brâncuşi, Vorticist: Sculpture, Art Criticism, Poetry 283, free online
18. Mauro Piccinini. Percussive Music for a Triangle: Ezra Pound’s Relationship with George Antheil and Olga Rudge 305, free online
19. Scott W. Klein. ‘Like Coins out of Circulation’: Reframing Ezra Pound’s Le Testament 334
20. Gemma Moss. Ezra Pound as Music Theorist: Antheil and the Treatise on Harmony 347, free online
21. Margaret Fisher. The Expansion of a Theory: Great Bass and Ballet mécanique 359
22. Leslee Smucker. Renaissance Man: Ezra Pound’s Search for a Contemporary Colour Palette Through His Solo Violin Works 376
PART IV THE ITALIAN YEARS 1925–1945
23. Massimo Bacigalupo. Ezra Pound’s Artistic Thinking and Relations in Italy, 1925–1945 397
24. Charles Mundye. Music Recollected: Ezra Pound’s Cavalcanti 415
25. Roxana Preda and Heriberto Cruz Cornejo. Vida Sin Fin: Ezra Pound and Gerhart Münch 445
PART V WASHINGTON: MENTORING THE YOUNG IN THE 1950s
26. Alec Marsh. Sheri Martinelli: The White Goddess 463
27. Galateia Demetriou. Art ‘in the Solid’: Ezra Pound and Michael Lekakis 477
28. Daniel Hackbarth. A ‘Transference of Power’: Ezra Pound and the Cinema of Hollis Frampton 483
Notes on Contributors 503; Bibliography 509; Index 539
3. A Companion to Ezra Pound's Economics. Eds. Ralf Lüfter and Roxana Preda. Nordhausen: Traugott Bautz, 2019.
EZRA POUND - THE ECONOMIST
A. David Moody. Economics and the Economy of The Cantos. 13-36
Sebastian Berger. Towards a Poetic Economics: Studies in Ezra Pound’s “Poetry with a Hammer.” 37-66.
Leon Surette. Pound, Economic Guru. 67-88.
Bill Freind. From the Oikos to the Cosmos: The Anti - Economics of Ezra Pound. 89-114.
CONSTITUTIVE ASPECTS OF EZRA POUND'S ECONOMICS
Alex Pestell. The Bank of England and the “Crime / Ov two Centuries.” 115-36.
Roxana Preda. Gold and / or Humaneness: Pound’s Vision of Civilisation in Canto 97. 137-60.
Peter Liebregts. Ezra Pound, Aristotle and Ancient Greek Economics. 161-82.
Mark Byron. The Poetic Dimension of Economics: Byzantium. 183-206, free online.
Alec Marsh. Pound’s Agrarian Bent: Physiocracy and the Ideological Origins of the Wheat in Our Bread Party. 207-34.
Mark Steven. Ezra Pound and Mr Marx, Karl. 235-54.
Kristin Grogan. Ezra Pound and the Anarchist Economics of Silvio Gesell. 255-74
Guy Stevenson. “Money and how it gets the way”: Ezra Pound, Henry Miller and the Economic Process of the 1930s. 275-98.
4. Byron, Mark, ed. The New Ezra Pound Studies. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2019
Notes on Contributors vii-xi
Key to Abbreviations xii-xiv
Editor’s Introduction – Mark Byron 1-6
Part I – Pound’s Texts – 7-124
Chapter 1 - Classical Literature – Leah Culligan Flack 9-25
Chapter 2 - Early Medieval Philosophy and Textuality – Mark Byron 26-39
Chapter 3 - Ezra Pound’s Pisan Cantos. The Promise and the Limits of the Archive – Ronald Bush 40-56
Chapter 4 - ‘Scoured and Cleansed’ – Ezra Pound And Musical Composition Josh Epstein 57-71
Chapter 5 - The Visual Field beyond Vorticism – Rebecca Beasley 72-87
Chapter 6 - Texts of The Cantos and Theories of Literature – Michael Kindellan 88-103
Chapter 7 - Pound and Influence – Richard Parker 104-124
Part II - Ezra Pound and Asia 125-178
Chapter 8 - Pound’s Representation of the Chinese Frontiers From The War Zone To The Green World – Akitoshi Nagahata 127-140
Chapter 9 - ‘A Treasure Like Nothing We Have in the Occident’ – Ezra Pound And Japanese Literature by Andrew Houwen 141-156
Chapter 10 - Ezra Pound and Chinese Poetry – Jeffrey Twitchell-Waas 157-178
Part III - Culture and Politics 179-276
Chapter 11 - The Transnational Turn – Josephine Park 181-195
Chapter 12 - Pound, Gender, Sexuality – Carrie J. Preston 196-207
Chapter 13 - Italian Fascism – Anderson Araujo 208-226
Chapter 14 - Late Cantos, ‘Aesopian Language’, States’ Rights and John Randolph of Roanoke – Alec Marsh 227-240
Chapter 15 - Copyright – Archie Henderson 241-256
Chapter 16 - The Temple and the Scaffolding: The Cantos of Ezra Pound And Digital Culture – Roxana Preda 257-270
Afterword: Read Him – Mark Byron 271-276
VOLUMES INCLUDING MATERIAL ON EZRA POUND
Brown, Stephen Gilbert. Hemingway, Trauma and Masculinity: In the Garden of the Uncanny. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019 [An Uncanny Genealogy: Agassiz, Roosevelt, and Pound, 193-222, abstract].
Burnside, John. The Music of Time: Poetry in the Twentieth Century. London: Profile Books, 2019 ["A Stony Invitation To Reflect"].
Calonne, David Stephen. Diane di Prima: Visionary Poetics and the Hidden Religions. New York, London, Oxford, New Delhi, Sydney: Bloomsbury Academic, 2019 [2. Return to New York: From Ezra Pound to the I Ching, 1953-60, 27-60].
Castiglione, Davide. Difficulty in Poetry. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019 [1. Organisms of Difficulty: The Data, 169-196, abstract and bibliography].
- Cecire, Natalia. Experimental: American Literature and the Aesthetics of Knowledge. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins UP, 2019 [2. Flash. Faces in the Crowd: Figuration, Redemption, Information, 69-80].
The Classics in Modernist Translation. Eds. Miranda Hickman and Lynn Kozak. London: Bloomsbury, 2019 [Part l. Ezra Pound on Translation: Out of Homer: Greek in Pound's Cantos, by George Varsos, 21-32; Translating the Odyssey: Andreas Divus, Old English, and Ezra Pound's Canto 1, by Massimo Cè, 33-44; To Translate or Not to Translate? Pound's Prosodic Provocations in Hugh Selwyn Mauberley, by Demetres Tryphonopoulos and Sara Dunton, 45-56; Respondent Essay 1: Ringing True: Poundian Translation and Poetic Music, by Michael Coyle, 57-62, chapter extracts].
Creswell, Robyn. City of Beginnings: Poetic Modernism in Beirut. Princeton: Princeton UP, 2019. Introduction.
Diepeveen, Leonard. Modernist Fraud: Hoax, Parody, Deception. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019.
Edmond, Jacob. Make It the Same: Poetry in the Age of Global Media. New York: Columbia UP, 2019 [3. Making Waves in World Literature: Yang Lian and John Cayley's Networked Collaboration (on the fusing of Yang's turn to the poetry of repetition with a recursive approach to digital literature that Cayley derived from traditional Chinese texts and Ezra Pound's Chinese-inflected modernism)].
Hutton, Clare. Serial Encounters: Ulysses and The Little Review. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019 [1. The World of the Little Review, 18-70, chapter abstract].
Mather, Jeffrey. Twentieth-Century Literary Encounters in China: Modernism, Travel, and Form. New York and London: Routledge, 2019 [7. Ethnography and Poetic Method: Southwest China, Joseph Rock, and Ezra Pound’s "Drafts & Fragments," 142-163, chapter abstract].
Modernism and Non-Translation. Eds. Jason Harding and John Nash. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019 [5. The Direct Method: Ezra Pound, Non-Translation and the International Future, by Rebecca Beasley, 67-85, chapter abstract; 7. 'The passionate moment': Untranslated Quotation in Pound and Eliot, by Stephen Romer, 104-116, chapter abstract].
Perloff, Marjorie. Circling the Canon, Volume I: The Selected Book Reviews of Marjorie Perloff, 1969-1994. Ed. David Jonathan Bayot. Albuquerque: U of New Mexico P, 2019 [7. The Poet and His Politics (rev. of The Political Identities of Ezra Pound and T. S. Eliot, by William M. Chace; and The Real Foundations: Literature and Social Change, by David Craig), 77-83, excerpt; 8. Pound’s Vorticist Textbook (rev. of Gaudier-Brzeska: A Memoir, by Ezra Pound), 84-87, excerpt].
Perloff, Marjorie. Circling the Canon, Volume II: The Selected Book Reviews of Marjorie Perloff, 1995-2017. Ed. David Jonathan Bayot. Albuquerque: U of New Mexico P, 2019 [11. A New Ezra Pound (rev. of Ezra Pound, Poems and Translations, ed. Richard Sieburth, and Ezra Pound, The Pisan Cantos, ed. Richard Sieburth), 119-128, excerpt; 28. C’est moi dans la poubelle: Ezra Pound’s Tragic Years (rev. of Ezra Pound: Poet. A Portrait of the Man and His Work. Volume III. The Tragic Years 1939-1972, by A. David Moody), 262-266, excerpt].
Phillis, Jen Hedler. Poems of the American Empire: The Lyric Form in the Long Twentieth Century. Iowa City IA: U of Iowa P, 2019 [1. We Are All Pound Now: The Cantos and the Shape of the Economy, 21-52, chapter excerpt].
Rattray, David. How I Became One of the Invisible. Ed. Chris Kraus. South Pasadena, CA: Semiotext(e), 2019 [Weekend with Ezra Pound, 327-343 (rpt. from Nation 185.6 (Nov. 16, 1957): 343-349)].
Robert Lowell in a New Century: European and American Perspectives. Ed. Thomas Austenfeld. Rochester, NY, and Woodbridge, Suffolk: Camden House, 2019 [Grzegorz Kość, "Robert Lowell and Ezra Pound's Economics," 81-94, abstract and here; Massimo Bacigalupo, "Robert Lowell and Ezra Pound in Washington and Rapallo," 95-104, abstract and here].
Scott, Brett L. R. Murray Schafer: A Creative Life. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield, 2019.
Taunton, Matthew. Red Britain: The Russian Revolution in Mid-Century Culture. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019 [4. Homestead versus Kolschoz, chapter abstract].
Tearle, Oliver. The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem. London: Bloomsbury Academic, 2019 [3. Battered Books: Ezra Pound, Hugh Selwyn Mauberley, 59-76, chapter abstract].
Thacker, Andrew. Modernism, Space, and the City: Outsiders and Affect in Paris, Vienna, Berlin and London. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2019.
Wang, Guanglin. Translation in Diasporic Literatures. Singapore: Palgrave Pivot, 2019 [5. Translating Intersemiotically: Photographing West and East in Brian Castro's Shanghai Dancing, 73-105, chapter abstract].
Wellman, Donald. Expressivity in Modern Poetry. Vancouver, Madison, Teaneck, Wroxton: Fairleigh Dickinson UP, 2019 [Section One. Radical Realism. How E.P. Dispersed Molecularly throughout the Pisan Cantos, 49-60].
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUES AND SECTIONS
"Ezra Pound special issue": Литература двух Америк [Literature of the Two Americas] (Moscow) 7 (2019). Free online.
CONTENTS IN ENGLISH
A Tribute to Ezra Pound. Editor's Note, 10-11. Free online.
Michael Alexander. What Ezra Pound Meant to Me, 186-201. Free online.
EZRA POUND URBI ET ORBI
Ira B. Nadel. Ezra Pound's Global Poetics, 202-224. Free online.
John Gery. Resisting Apollo: The Legacy of Ezra Pound in Late 20th Century American Poetry, 225-247. Free online.
POUND IN CONTEXT
Paula Barba Guerrero. Re/Membering Place: Ideogrammic Memory in Ezra Pound's The Cantos, 360-376. Free online.
Panayiotes T. Tryphonopoulos, Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos. Modernism's "Doors of Perception": From Ezra Pound's Ideogrammic Method to Marshall Mcluhan's "Mosaic," 377-393. Free online.
J. Rhett Forman. "A Vague, Invarious Delight": Ezra Pound's "Middle-Aging Care" and Bernard Hart's Psychology of the Complex, 394-413. Free online.
THE POET AND THE POLITICS
Thomas Urban. Ezra Pound and Katyn: A Russian Trace in The Cantos, 440-451. Free online.
POUND STUDIES – XXIST CENTURY
Andrei Bronnikov. Making the Epic New: Notes on the Russian Translation of The Cantos 452-465. Free online.
Roxana Preda. Make It New – the Digital Magazine of the Ezra Pound Society, 466-473. Free online.
Roxana Preda. The Cantos of Ezra Pound: The Cantos Project 474-488. Free online.
Anderson Araujo. Poundians on the Trail of El Cid, 498-504. Free online.
ARTICLES IN JOURNALS AND COLLECTIONS
- Aji, Hélène. "The Common Pedagogy of the Uncommon Building Aesthetic Community from the Ezuniversity to Black Mountain College and Beyond." Modernist Communities across Cultures and Media. Eds. Caroline Pollentier and Sarah Wilson. Gainesville: UP of Florida, 2019. 68-86. Chapter abstract.
- Alhashmi, Rawad. "Image and Truth: Paradigms of Modern Translation Theory." Language, Literature, and Interdisciplinary Studies (LLIDS) 3.1 (Fall 2019): 71-89. Free online and here.
- Araujo, Anderson. "Poundians on the Trail of El Cid." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Barnhisel, Greg. "New Directions Books." Publishing Modernist Fiction and Poetry. Ed. Lise Jaillant. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2019. 175-192.
- Bratton, Francesca. "'An Imagist in Amber': Hart Crane's Early Publications and Greenwich Village." English: Journal of the English Association 68.260 (Spring 2019): 1-34. Free online and here and here and here and here and here.
- Byron, Mark. "Chinese Poetical Histories in Ezra Pound and Gary Snyder." Critical Quarterly 61.1 (2019): 99-114. Free online and here and here and here and here.
- Byron, Mark. "[A Cross in the Margin]: Inscription and Erasure in Jacques Derrida and Ezra Pound." Understanding Derrida, Understanding Modernism. Ed. Jean-Michel Rabaté. London: Bloomsbury, 2019. 157-177. Free online.
- Byron, Mark. "Editorial." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Byron, Mark. "On Degrees of Ignorance in East-West Aesthetics: Symposium Report." On a symposium at Tokyo Woman's Christian U, 17 September 2018. Make It New 5.1 (Spring 2019): 32-41. Free online.
- Byron, Mark. "28th Ezra Pound International Conference, University of Salamanca, Spain, 25-29 June 2019: Ezra Pound and the Spanish World." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Camacho, Paula. "Returning to 'Ezuversity': Feminism and Emancipation in the Letters of Ezra Pound to Forgotten Modernist Iris Barry, 1916-1917." Atlantis. Journal of the Spanish Association for Anglo-American Studies 41.2 (December 2019): 105-121. Free online and here.
- Čapková, Helena. "The Hawk Princess at the Hawk's Well: Neo-Noh and the Idea of a Universal Japan." Imagined Cosmopolis Internationalism and Cultural Exchange, 1870s-1920s. Eds. Charlotte Ashby, Grace Brockington, Daniel Laqua, and Sarah Victoria Turner. Oxford: Peter Lang, 2019. 409-428. Free online.
- Casmier, Stephen. "Gassire's Heir: A Correspondence between Amiri Baraka (LeRoi Jones) and Robert Duncan." MELUS 44.2 (Summer 2019): 44-70. Abstract.
- Cazzato, Vanessa. "On Experiencing Japanese Noh and Thinking About Greek Lyric." Western Classical Studies Bulletin of the Western Classics Laboratory, The U of Tokyo 11 (Aug. 2019): 53-81. Free online and here.
- Cook, Bonnie L. "November services set for Emily Mitchell Wallace Harvey, 85, expert on modernist poets." The Philadelphia Inquirer, 16 October 2019. Rpt. in Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Davies, William. "Donald Davie and Englishness." The Review of English Studies NS 70.294 (April 2019): 332-353 [in part, on Davie's poem "England, for Ezra Pound" (1965), a response to Canto LXXX]. Abstract.
- Davis, Alex. "Collaborator: Ezra Pound, Translation, and Appropriation." Modernist Cultures 14.1 (February 2019): 17-35. Abstract.
- Dingee, William. "Did Their Propertius Walk That Way? Ezra Pound's Homage to Sextus Propertius as a Complaint against Classical Philology." Classical Receptions Journal 11.1 (Jan. 2019): 81-99. Free online and here and here and here.
- Donoghue, Denis. "The Kenner-Davenport Era." The Hopkins Review 12.3 (Summer 2019): 426-436. Free online.
- Elahi, Bijan. "Dancing in Chains: Bijan Elahi on the Art of Translation." Trans. Rebecca Ruth Gould and Kayvan Tahmasebian. Wasafiri 34.3 [no. 99] (Sept. 2019): 64-68 [III. From Elahi, Translation in Every Words (1985) (comparing translations of the Shih Ching into English by Bernhard Karlgren, Arthur Waley, and Ezra Pound), 65-66]. Free online and here.
- Forrest, Seth Johnson. "'Mu-sick, mu-sick, mu-sick': Olson's stammer and the poetics of noise." Staying Open: Charles Olson's Sources and Influences. Ed. Joshua Hoeynck. Wilmington, Delaware: Vernon P, 2019. 87-98. Free online.
- Gamboa Tusquets, Yolanda. "Translating Alejandro Céspedes with Ezra Pound." Translation Review 104.1 (May 2019): 30-49 [on "melopoeia," "phanopoeia," and "logopoeia" as three levels of decision-making for a translator]. First page.
- Han, Jihee. "Translation and the Illusion of Transparency: A Case Study of 'Culturally-Correct' Chinese Re-translation of Ezra Pound's 'Taking Leave of a Friend' (送友人)." 현대영미시연구 [Journal of Modern British and American Poetry] 25.1 (Spring 2019): 215-246. Free online.
- Hart, Jonathan Locke. "Poetry in English as Comparative and World Literature." University of Toronto Quarterly 88.2 (Spring 2019): 229-245. Abstract.
- He, Chengru. "Post-Epic Excursion." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Han, Jihee. "The Purloined Letter of '友': A Critique of Ezra Pound's Poetics of Translation." English Language and Literature 65.4 (2019): 587-605. Free online and here.
- Henderson, Archie. "Emily Mitchell Wallace – Bibliography, Ezra Pound." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Henderson, Archie. "Paul Osgood Peters." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Hendra, Judith. "Pound, Beatrice Hastings, and the New Age." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Hornung, Alfred. "Confucius and America: The Moral Constitution of Statecraft." The Routledge Companion to Transnational American Studies. Eds. Nina Morgan, Alfred Hornung and Takayuki Tatsumi. London and New York: Routledge, 2019. 148-163 [Ezra Pound and Confucius, 148 ff.].
- Houwen, Andrew. "The Japanese Sources of Ezra Pound's 'In a Station of the Metro.'" Ezra Pound Review (The Ezra Pound Society of Japan) 21 (3 February 2019): 85-101. Free online and here.
- Houwen, Andrew, and Taira Sosei. "Metro Lines: Ezra Pound's 'In a Station of the Metro' and Its Impact on Contemporary Japanese Senryū." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Ickstadt, Heinz. "Walt Whitman's Antagonistic Inheritors: Ezra Pound, Hart Crane and William Carlos Williams." Revisiting Walt Whitman: On the Occasion of his 200th Birthday. Ed. Winfried Herget. Berlin, Bern, Bruxelles, New York, Oxford, Warszawa, Wien: Peter Lang, 2019. 255-276. Extract.
- Jiang, Jing. "On Ezra Pound's Translation of the Chinese Poem 'The City of Choan' from the Perspective of Translator's Subjectivity." Frontiers in Educational Research 2.5 (Sept. 2019): 1-7. Free online and here.
- Johnson, Ryan. "Ernest Fenollosa's Grave and the Historical Sites of Otsu." Make It New 5.1 (Autumn 2019): 42-52. Free online.
- Johnson, Ryan. "Modernist Studies in Asia Conference 2019 at Aoyama University." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Johnson, Ryan. "Transnationalism, Pound, and Japanese Modernism." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Kim, Youngmin. "Yeats's Noh and World Drama: Foreign Form in Tandem with Local Materials." Neohelicon 46.1 (June 2019): 81-96. Abstract and references.
- Liebregts, P. Th. M. G. "Ezra Pound." The Oxford History of Classical Reception in English Literature. Volume 5: After 1880. Ed. Kenneth Haynes. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019. 358-399.
- MacKay, Duncan. "The Cat in the Basket: Ezra Pound's Fragments" [on Drafts and Fragments]. PN Review 45.6 (July/Aug. 2019): 62-63. First page.
- Mark, Sean. "Rome Fellowships: Ezra Pound's Italian Afterlives." Papers of the British School at Rome 87 (Oct. 2019): 351-352. First page. Second page.
- Matore, Daniel. "Pound's Transmissions: Typography, Phonography, and Notation." Modernism/modernity 26.2 (April 2019): 351-373. Free online.
- McKechnie, Gordon. "August 1923: Ezra Pound's Third Walking Tour in Southern France." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- McMullan, Luke. "Counter-Philology: Ezra Pound as Translator of Provençal and Cavalcanti, 1917-1932." Textual Practice 33.4 (Apr. 2019): 585-604. Abstract.
- Melzer, Tine. "Aspect Change and Poetic Charge as Tools for Artistic Research in Literature." Artistic Research and Literature. Corina Caduff and Tan Wälchli (Eds.). Paderborn: Wilhelm Fink, Brill Deutschland, 2019. 145-158 [in part, on Pound's notion of poetic charge]. Free online and here and here and here and here.
- Montgomery, Will. "Leaving it Out: Rhythm and Short Form in the Modernist Poetic Tradition." The Philosophy of Rhythm: Aesthetics, Music, Poetics. Eds. Peter Cheyne, Andy Hamilton, and Max Paddison. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2019. 374-391, chapter abstract.
- Moody, A. David. "Fact Check / Detox." Make It New 5.1 (Autumn 2019): 67-68. Free online.
- Moody, A. David. "What reading did Pound loathe?" Make It New 5.1 (Autumn 2019): 64-66. Free online.
- Mourant, Chris. "Rebecca West, the Forgotten Vorticist?" Modernist Cultures 14.4 (Nov. 2019): 469-497. Free online.
- Nagamori, Kazuko. "Tanizaki's Himitsu: the Starting Point of Japanese Modernism." Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Pasini, Leandro. "Difference and Difficulty: Multilingualism and Translation in Modernist Studies' Global Turn." Modernism/modernity 26.2 (April 2019): 399-418. Excerpt and first page.
- Pender, Elizabeth. "Exemplarity and Quotation: Ezra Pound's How to Read, Modernist Criticism and the Limits of Close Reading." Critical Quarterly 61.1 (April 2019): 67-81. Free online and here and here and here.
- Pulsoni, Carlo. "Italian Writers Petition for Pound, 1956-1957." Translated by Massimo Bacigalupo. Make It New 5.1 (Autumn 2019): 62-63. Free online.
- Ramazani, Jahan. "Persian Poetry, World Poetry, and Translatability." University of Toronto Quarterly 88.2 (Spring 2019): 210-228 [on translation's losses of what Ezra Pound called poetry's melopœia and logopœia and translation's gains of phanopœia and other aspects of poetry, using a ghazal by Rumi and a contemporary ghazal by Simin Behbahani as examples]. Abstract and first page.
- Rinaldi, Andrea. "Caged verses: some new notes on the politics of The Pisan Cantos." Vegueta. Anuario de la Facultad de Geografía e Historia 19 (2019): 381-401. Free online and here and here and here and here.
- Robinson, Peter. "Aphoristic Gaps and Theories of the Image." Aphoristic Modernity, 1880 to the Present. Eds. Kostas Boyiopoulos and Michael Shallcross. Leiden: Brill, 2019. 21-36 [on "In a Station of the Metro," 29-34]. First two pages.
- Rose, Adrienne K. Ho. "[it] shakes my whole breathing being: Rethinking Gender with Translation in Anne Carson's 'A Fragment of Ibykos Translated Six Ways'" [in part, on Pound's version of Ibykos' fragment 286 ("The Spring")]. Konturen 10 (2019): 126-151. Free online.
- Saussy, Haun. "Contagious Rhythm: Verse as a Technique of the Body." Critical Rhythm: The Poetics of a Literary Life Form. Ben Glaser and Jonathan Culler, Eds. New York: Fordham UP, 2019. 106-127. Free online.
- Scroggins, Mark. "The Questing, Passive Gaze: Ezra Pound's 'Yeux Glauques,' John Ruskin, and the Pre-Raphaelite Moment." Journal of Foreign Languages and Cultures (Hunan Normal University) 3.1 (June 2019): 49-56. Free online and here.
- Şenlen Güvenç, Sıla. "'No Man Hath Dared to Write this Thing as Yet': Tradition and the Individual Talent of Ezra Pound." Ankara Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi / Ankara University Journal of Social Sciences 10 (2019): 118-129. Free online and here and here and here.
- Thormählen, Marianne. "Reassigning 'Modernism': The Case for Adopting the Concept as a Period Designation in the Study of British Poetry." English Studies 100.2 (Feb. 2019): 189-205. Free online and here and here and here.
- Tryphonopoulos, Demetres, and Ira B. Nadel. "'The dead art of poetry': Approaches to Teaching Ezra Pound's Poetry and Prose." Research Connection (Brandon U) 5.1 (May 2019): 1-2. Free online and here.
- Weir, David. "Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century American Orientalism." Orientalism and Literature. Ed. Geoffrey P. Nash. Cambridge and New York: Cambridge UP, 2019. 202-218.
- Wilson, Aimee Armande. "Was Ezra Pound the 'Midwife' of The Waste Land? Surgeons, Midwives, and 'Sage Homme.'" Feminist Modernist Studies 2.2 (May 2019): 212-231. Free online.
- Zhu, Lihong, and Feng Wang. "A Study of Tang Poetry's Influence on American Poetry: A New Perspective of 'Eight Beauties.'" European Journal of Literature, Language and Linguistics Studies 3.2 (2019): 66-82. Free online and here and here.
- Anderson, Natasha. Rev. of Rachel Trousdale, ed. Humor in Modern American Poetry. European Journal of American Studies, Reviews 2019-2, 15 July 2019. Free online.
- Anon. Rev. of The Classics in Modernist Translation, ed. Miranda Hickman and Lynn Kozak. ProtoView, Apr. 2019.
- Anon. Rev. of The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem, by Oliver Tearle. ProtoView, Mar. 2019.
- Bacigalupo, Massimo. Rev. of The Late Cantos of Ezra Pound: Composition, Revision, Publication, by Michael Kindellan. Modern Language Review 114.2 (April 2019): 367-369. First page.
- Baumann, Walter. Rev. of "Antreten gegen die Welt": Ezra Pounds Erbe, eds. Theresia Prammer and Christine Vescoli. Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Claeys, Gregory. Rev. of Utopias of One, by Joshua Kotin. Modern Philology 117.2 (November 2019). Free online and here and here.
- Dirda, Michael. "A Well Lettered Friendship." National Review 71.14 (Aug. 12, 2019): 45+. Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, volumes 1 and 2, ed. Edward M. Burns. Free online and audio.
- Dong, Feng (Peter). Rev. of Utopias of One, by Joshua Kotin. Critical Inquiry, 3 July 2019. Free online and here.
- Ferreccio, Giuliana. Rev. of Jewel Spears Brooker, T.S. Eliot's Dialectical Imagination. Make It New 5.1 (Autumn 2019): 20-25. Free online.
- Ferreccio, Giuliana. Rev. of Alessandro Rivali, Ho cercato di scrivere paradiso. Ezra Pound nelle parole della figlia: conversazioni con Mary de Rachewiltz and Mary de Rachewiltz, L'economia amorosa. Make It New 5.1 (Autumn 2019): 26-31. Free online.
- Flatley, Jonathan. Rev. of Utopias of One, by Joshua Kotin. Slavic Review 78.4 (Winter 2019): 1045-1046. First page. Second page.
- Frayn, Andrew. Rev. of Oliver Tearle, The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem. The Review of English Studies, Published: 26 August 2019. Abstract.
- Gifford, Henry N. "Negotiating Contradictions: A Review of BLAST at 100." Rev. of BLAST at 100: A Modernist Magazine Reconsidered, eds. Philip Coleman, Kathryn Milligan, and Nathan O'Donnell. Journal of Modern Literature 43.1 (Fall 2019): 188-192. First page.
- Goble, Mark. "Forever Modernism." Rev. of Jed Rasula, History of a Shiver: The Sublime Impudence of Modernism. Novel 52.3 (Nov. 2019): 484-488. Abstract.
- Goldman, Jonathan. Rev. of Robert Spoo, Modernism and the Law. The Review of English Studies 70.297 (Nov. 2019): 989-991. Abstract.
- Grønlie, Espen. Rev. of Ezra Pound, Cathay: A Critical Edition, ed. Timothy Billings. Textual Cultures 12.2 (2019): 136-140. Free online.
- Harris, James Thornton. "The Secret Life of CIA Spymaster James Jesus Angleton." Rev. of The Ghost: The Secret Life of CIA Spymaster James Jesus Angleton, by Jefferson Morley. History News Network, April 7, 2019. Free online.
- Heer, Jeet. "Adventures in Modernism." Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, ed. Edward M. Burns. The New Republic, March 20, 2019. Free online.
- Henderson, Archie, and Annarose Steinke. "Pound and Eliot." American Literary Scholarship 2017 (September 2019): 147-161. Free online.
- Hibbitt, Richard. Rev. of François Villon in English Poetry: Translation and Influence, by Claire Pascolini-Campbell. Translation and Literature 28.2-3 (Sept. 2019): 349-355. First page.
- Houwen, Andrew. Rev. of Timothy Billings (ed.), Cathay: A Critical Edition. Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Howard, Alexander. Rev. of Ezra Pound in the Present: Essays on Pound's Contemporaneity, ed. Paul Stasi and Josephine Park. The Modern Language Review 114.4 (October 2019): 863-866. First page.
- Johnson, Ryan. Rev. of Pierre Rival, Ezra Pound en enfer. Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Kane, Louise. Rev. of Eric Bulson, Little Magazine, World Form. Modernist Cultures 14.4 (Nov. 2019): 543-547. Free online and here.
- Kleinzahler, August. "Pound & Co." Rev. of Questioning Minds: Vols I-II: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, ed. Edward Burns. London Review of Books 41.18 (26 September 2019). Free online.
- Krolewski, Sara. Rev. of Andrew Thacker, Modernism, Space, and the City: Outsiders and Affect in Paris, Vienna, Berlin and London. FORUM: University of Edinburgh Postgraduate Journal of Culture & the Arts 28 (Spring 2019). Free online and here.
- Logan, William. "Pound's China/Pound's 'Cathay.'" New Criterion (April 2019). Rev. of Cathay: A Critical Edition, by Ezra Pound, ed. Timothy Billings. Free online.
- Lynd, Juliet. Rev. of Incomparable Empires: Modernism and the Translation of Spanish and American Literature, by Gayle Rogers. Comparative Literature Studies 56.2 (July 2019): e-24-e-28. Excerpt and first page.
- Madrid, Anthony. Rev. of Cathay: A Critical Edition, by Ezra Pound, ed. Timothy Billings. RHINO Reviews! 2.4 (October 2019). Free online.
- Mahoney, Kristin. Rev. of two books, including Late Victorian into Modern, ed. Laura Marcus, Michèle Mendelssohn, and Kirsten E. Shepherd-Barr. Victorian Studies 61.2 (Winter 2019): 336-339. First page.
- Marsh, Alec. Rev. of Anderson Araujo, A Companion to Ezra Pound's Guide to Kulchur. Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Masséus, Vickie. "Book Review: Incomparable Empires." Rev. of Incomparable Empires: Modernism and the Translation of Spanish and American Literature, by Gayle Rogers. The Modernist Review 12 (Aug. 30, 2019). Free online.
- Massie, Allan. "Book review: The Music of Time, by John Burnside." The Scotsman, 9 October 2019. Free online.
- Maunsell, Jerome Boyd. Rev. of Rebecca Roach, Literature and the Rise of the Interview. The Review of English Studies, Published: 6 November 2019. Abstract.
- McRae, Calista. Rev. of Humor in Modern American Poetry, ed. Rachel Trousdale. Studies in American Humor 5.1 (Apr. 2019): 259-262. Excerpt and first page.
- Meyers, Jeffrey. "Literary Godfathers." Rev. of An Uncommon Reader: A Life of Edward Garnett, by Helen Smith; The Bughouse: The Poetry, Politics and Madness of Ezra Pound, by Daniel Swift. The Antioch Review 77.1 (Winter 2019): 43-51. First page.
- Mills, Gareth. Rev. of Lise Jaillant (ed.). Publishing Modernist Fiction and Poetry. The Review of English Studies, Published: 4 August 2019. Abstract and here.
- Moody, A. David. "Archives of exact information. Correspondence between two polymath academics." Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner. Edward M. Burns, ed. Times Literary Supplement (April 12, 2019). Free online.
- Nicholls, Peter. “‘Irrritble’ and ‘purrsistent’: Ezra Pound in His Letters.” Rev. of Ezra Pound and the Globe Magazine, eds. Michael T. Davis and Cameron McWhirter and One Must Not Go Altogether with the Tide: The Letters of Ezra Pound and Stanley Nott, ed. Miranda Hickman. Modernist Cultures 12.1 (March 2017): 141-6.
- Niven, Alex. Rev. of Mark Steven, Red Modernism: American Poetry and the Spirit of Communism. Literature & History 28.1 (May 2019): 118-120. First page.
- Ou, Rong. Rev. of East-West Exchange and Late Modernism: Williams, Moore, Pound, by Zhaoming Qian. Modernism/modernity 26.1 (January 2019): 238-239. Excerpt and first page.
- Pietrzak, Wit. Rev. of The Late Cantos of Ezra Pound: Composition, Revision, Publication, and Andrew S. Gross, The Pound Reaction: Liberalism and Lyricism in Midcentury American Literature, by Michael Kindellan. European Journal of American Studies, Reviews 2018-3, 7 January 2019. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. Rev. of The Late Cantos of Ezra Pound. Composition, Revision, Publication, by Michael Kindellan. The Review of English Studies 70.293 (February 2019): 195-197. Free online.
- Quartermain, Peter. Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, ed. Edward M. Burns. Textual Cultures 12.1 (2019): 189-193. Free online and here.
- Rando, David P. Rev. of Hieroglyphic Modernisms: Writing and New Media in the Twentieth Century, by Jesse Schotter. James Joyce Quarterly 55.3 (June 2019): 477-480. Excerpt and first page.
- Reynier, Christine. Rev. of Lise Jaillant, Cheap Modernism. Expanding Markets, Publishers’ Series and the Avant-Garde. Études britanniques contemporaines 56 (2019). Free online.
- Schoenbach, Lisi. Rev. of Modernism: Evolution of an Idea, by Sean Latham and Gayle Rogers; Modernism’s Print Cultures, by Faye Hamill and Mark Hussey; and Modernism, Science, and Technology, by Mark S. Morrison. Twentieth-Century Literature 65.4 (December 2019): 461-472. Excerpt and first page.
- Sledge, Martha. Rev. of East-West Exchange and Late Modernism: Williams, Moore, Pound, by Zhaoming Qian. Comparative Literature Studies 56.3 (Oct. 2019): 623-626. Excerpt and first page.
- Stayer, Jayme. Rev. of Leonard Diepeveen, Modernist Fraud: Hoax, Parody, Deception. The Review of English Studies, Published: 27 December 2019. Free online and here and here and here.
- Stone, Jonathan. Rev. of The River of Time: Time-Space, History, and Language in Avant-Garde, Modernist, and Contemporary Russian and Anglo-American Poetry, by Ian Probstein. Slavic Review 78.2 (Summer 2019): 599-600. First page. Second page.
- Stubbs, Tara. Rev. of Warwick Gould (ed.). Yeats's Legacies: Yeats Annual No. 21. Cambridge, UK: Open Book Publishers, 2018. The Review of English Studies 70.294 (April 2019): 384-386. Abstract.
- Szefel, Lisa. "Ezra Pound's Psychiatric Salon." Rev. of Daniel Swift, The Bughouse: The Poetry, Politics, and Madness of Ezra Pound. Reviews in American History 47.3 (Sept. 2019): 422-427. Excerpt and first page.
- Taketani, Etsuko. Rev. of two books, including East-West Literary Imagination: Cultural Exchanges from Yeats to Morrison, by Yoshinobu Hakutani. American Literature 91.4 (Dec. 2019): 895-897. Abstract.
- Tokarsky, B. Rev. of The River of Time: Time-Space, History, and Language in Avant-Garde, Modernist, and Contemporary Russian and Anglo-American Poetry, by Ian Probstein. The Slavonic and East European Review 97.2 (April 2019): 355-357. First page. Third page.
- Tolmatchoff, V. M. (translated by Karina Ibragimova). "The Russian Pound: The First Publication of the Complete Cantos in Russia." Rev. of Ezra Pound, Cantos, tr. into Russian by A.V. Bronnikov. Make It New 5.2-3 (Winter 2019).
- Volpicelli, Robert. "The New Decadence." Rev. of three books, including Modernism and the Reinvention of Decadence, by Vincent Sherry. Modernism/modernity 26.1 (January 2019): 213-218. Excerpt and first page.
- Wall, Joshua Logan. Rev. of two books, including The Transmutation of Love and Avant-Garde Poetics, by Jeanne Heuving. American Literature 91.3 (Sept. 2019): 660-662. Abstract.
- Wei, Lin. Rev. of Zhaoming Qian, East-West Exchange and Late Modernism: Williams, Moore, Pound. Affirmations: of the Modern 6.1 (Spring 2019): 138-143. Free online.
- Williams, Rowan. "Why poetry matters." Rev. of The Music of Time: Poetry in the Twentieth Century, by John Burnside. New Statesman, 23 October 2019. Free online.
- Woodward, Guy. Rev. of Red Britain: The Russian Revolution in Mid-Century Culture, by Matthew Taunton. Textual Practice, Published online: 12 June 2019. First page.
REVIEWS OF EVENTS
Houwen, Andrew. "The 'Inexhaustible Words' of the 'Pine Needles': A Review of the Performance of the No Play Takasago at the Konparu Succession Ceremony, Tokyo, 4 May 2018." Make It New 5.1 (Autumn 2019): 53-59. Free online.
- Amateur Reader (Tom). "Ezra Pound's Literary Essays, or 'the science of being discontented.'" Wuthering Expectations, February 27, 2019. Free online.
- Atwood, Margaret. "The Gift of Lewis Hyde's 'The Gift.'" The Daily (The Paris Review blog), September 16, 2019. Free online.
- Barnes, David. "The Narrative of European Civilization within Radical Right Discourse." Centre for Analysis of the Radical Right Blog, April 2, 2019. Free online.
- The Cantos | Study Guide. Course Hero, 2019. Free online.
- Casstles, Jordan. "The Competent Man and The Last Messiah" [II: The Perils Of Pound's Factive Man]. Logocentrifugal, February 20, 2019. Free online.
- De Leon, Ryan. "Breaking the Pentameter: Imagism's Radical Break with Tradition." Sons and Daughters Literary Journal, 2019? Free online.
- De Leon, Ryan. "Manifest Destiny: The Manifesto in Modernism." Sons and Daughters Literary Journal, 2019? Free online.
- "Ezra Pound Reading His Poetry." KPFK radio broadcast, Los Angeles, January 30, 1961. Readings of Cantos I and IV. Lawrence Lipton papers, 1883-2009 (bulk 1950-1975), USC Digital Library, 2019. Free online.
- Hartman, Jed. "On Pound's 'translations' from Chinese." Words & Stuff, February 12, 2019. Free online.
- Heer, Jeet. "Pound, Politics and Poetry." Talking Points Memo, March 22, 2019. Free online.
- Hudson, Frank. "And Thus in Nineveh." The Parlando Project – Where Music and Words Meet, July 29, 2019. Free online.
- Hudson, Frank. "Grace Before Song." The Parlando Project – Where Music and Words Meet, July 24, 2019. Free online.
- Hudson, Frank. "In a Station of the Metro." The Parlando Project – Where Music and Words Meet, March 13, 2019. Free online.
- ianuaditis. "Book 128 of 200 – Thrones de los Cantares by Ezra Pound." ianuaditis, October 24, 2019. Free online.
- Mendelson, Edward. "Auden on No-Platforming Pound." NYR Daily (The New York Review of Books), February 27, 2019. Free online.
- Menendez, Juan Carlos. "Ezra Pound and Medinaceli." Steemit, April 9, 2019. Free online.
- Parry, Revd David William. "Politics, Poetry and Ezra Pound." E-International Relations, June 19, 2019. Free online.
- Sellar, Gord. "Blogging the Cantos: Series Table of Contents." gordsellar.com, June 12, 2019. Free online.
- Sellar, Gordon. "Canto LXVIII." Part 54 of 55 in the series Blogging Ezra Pound’s The Cantos. gordsellar.com, April 17, 2019. Free online.
- Sellar, Gordon. "Cantos LXIX and LXX." Part 55 of 55 in the series Blogging Ezra Pound’s The Cantos. gordsellar.com, June 12, 2019. Free online.