Bibliography of English Language Scholarship on Ezra Pound
Assembled and edited by Archie Henderson and Roxana Preda
- Houwen, Andrew. Ezra Pound's Japan. London & New York: Bloomsbury, 2021. Abstract and Table of Contents.
- Marsh, Alec. Ezra Pound's Washington Cantos and the Struggle for Light. London & New York: Bloomsbury, 2021. Abstract and Table of Contents.
- Scholes, Robert and David Ben-Merre. Super Schoolmaster. Ezra Pound as Teacher, Then and Now. New York: SUNY Press, 2021. Abstract.
ESSAY COLLECTIONS AND COLLECTIVE VOLUMES
- Baumann, Walter, John Gery and Alexander McKnight, eds. Cross-Cultural Ezra Pound. Clemson: Clemson UP, 2021.
Contents: Preface, by David McKnight -- Introduction: Six Ways a Sunday: The Cross-Cultural Realm of Ezra Pound -- I. Pound’s Cross-Cultural Genesis -- 1. Pound’s Modern (Metrical) Education, by Ira Nadel -- 2. The First Imagists, by William Pratt -- 3. Pound and/or Franklin: A Reading of Canto 31, by John Gery -- II. Pound’s Cross-Cultural Poetics -- 4. Pound’s Vorticist Theory and H.D.’s “Oread,” by Yoshiko Kita -- 5. Fenollosa and Pound: The Authorship Question of The Chinese Written Character as a Medium for Poetry, by Lin Wei -- 6. Pound’s Composition of Canto 16: “j’entendis des voix,” by John Beall -- 7. The Genealogy of the China Cantos, by Kent Su -- III. Pound and Cross-Cultural Questions of Translation -- 8. The Poetics of Queering Translation in Ezra Pound’s Homage to Sextus Propertius, by Christian Bancroft -- 9. Rainer Maria Gerhardt and Ezra Pound, by Walter Baumann -- 10. “Cantos” or “Cantares”? Pound’s Reception in Two Romance Languages, by Viorica Patea -- IV. Cross-Cultural Perceptions of Pound and His Work -- 11. Ezra Pound and Caresse Crosby: From Black Sun to Roccasinibalda, by Anne Conover -- 12. Pound, Bergson, and the Vortex of Memory, by Jonathan Pollock -- 13. Ritual and Performance in The Pisan Cantos and H.D.’s Trilogy, by Giuliana Ferreccio -- 14. A Carthaginian Peace: Kenner, Watts & the Founding of Pound Studies, by Michael Coyle. Abstract.
- Parker, Richard, ed. Readings in the Cantos. Vol. 2. Clemson SC: Clemson UP, 2021.
Contributors include John R. O. Gery, Massimo Bacigalupo, Dorsey Kleitz, Zhaoming Qian, Mary Ellis Gibson, Michael Kindellan, Harry Gilonis, Akitoshi Nagahata, David Ten Eyck, Jeff Twitchell-Waas, LeeAnn Derdyn, Roxana Preda, Caterina Ricciardi, Sean Pryor, Mark Byron, Henry Mead, Kristin Grogan, Ira Nadel, Alexander Howard, and Ron Bush.
- Tryphonopoulos, Demetres P. and Ira B. Nadel. Approaches to Teaching Pound's Poetry and Prose. New York: MLA, 2021. Abstract.
VOLUMES INCLUDING MATERIAL ON EZRA POUND
- Feldman, Matthew, Anna Svendsen and Erik Tönning, eds. Historicizing Modernists: Approaches to Archivalism. London and New York: Bloomsbury, 2021. Abstract and Table of Contents.
- Leveque, James P. Words like Fire: Prophecy and Apocalypse in Apollinaire, Marinetti and Pound. [Studies in Comparative Literature 50] MHRA, 2021. Abstract.
- Moss, Gemma. Modernism, Music and the Politics of Aesthetics. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2021. Abstract and Table of Contents.