Bibliography of English Language Scholarship on Ezra Pound
Assembled and edited by Archie Henderson and Roxana Preda
MONOGRAPHS ON EZRA POUND
- Berryman, Jo Brantley. Ezra Pound's Aesthetics and the Origins of Modernism. Brighton: Everett Root Publishers, 2020.
- Forman, John Rhett. "Poetic Complexes and the Rhetoric of Mind in H.D. and Her Circle." Diss. Universidad de Salamanca, 2020 [2. Emotion in the Writings of Moore, Pound, and Eliot, 33-74 [2.2. Emotion in the Writings of Ezra Pound, 39-48]; 6. Eliot's Poetics of Pathology and Pound's Cathartic Cure, 155-207 [6.1. Hysteria in the Lives of Eliot and Pound, 155-160; 6.3. Pound's Cathartic Image, 183-207]; 8. Eliot's and Pound's War Verse, 249-291 [8.5. Ergotherapy as a Way of Reading Pound's War Poetry, 281-291]; 9. The Disease of Love in "Prufrock" and Mauberley, 292-316 [9.3. Affectionate Love in Pound's Mauberley, 306-312]]. Free online and here and here.
- Schmidt, Jeremy A. "Three Very Short Poems: The Verbal Economics of Twentieth-Century American Poetry." Diss. U of California, Los Angeles, 2020 [1. The Modernist Work Ethic: Cutting Cadences in the Poetry of Ezra Pound [on "In a Station of the Metro"], 44-131]. Free online.
- Stevens, Jeremy. "Secularization and the British Lyric in the Twentieth Century." Diss. Columbia U, 2020. Abstract.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUES
Pound Reconsidered. Special issue of Agenda vol. 53 no. 4, Spring/Summer 2020.
Patricia McCarthy – Introduction 4-5
Michael Alexander – What Ezra Pound meant to me 6-13
Ezra Pound – The Dawn 14-30
A. David Moody. 'The Dawn' of Ezra Pound. A draft discovered 31-40
A David Moody. Towards a reading of Canto CXIII 41-52
W. S. Milne. Omniform. [review of the The Edinburgh Companion to Ezra Pound and the Arts] 53-55
A. David Moody. Ezra Pound's insanity and the Muncie Papers 79-97
ESSAY COLLECTIONS AND COLLECTIVE VOLUMES
- Bacigalupo, Massimo. Ezra Pound, Italy, and the Cantos. Clemson, SC: Clemson UP, 2020. Chapter abstracts.
VOLUMES INCLUDING MATERIAL ON EZRA POUND
- Ahearn, Barry. Pound, Frost, Moore, and Poetic Precision: Science in Modernist American Poetry. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, 2020 [3. Ezra Pound and Error, 61-140, chapter abstract].
- Al-Hussein, Salih Abdullah Abdulrahman. Critical Essays in Modern English and American Poetry: Perspectives of Ethnicity, Diaspora and Trauma in Modern English and American Poetry. Saarbrücken: JustFiction Edition, 2020.
- Altieri, Charles. "The Course of Modern American Poetry." A Companion to American Literature: Volume III: 1914 to the Present, First Edition. General Editor: Susan Belasco. Volume Editors: Theresa Strouth Gaul, Linck Johnson, and Michael Soto. Hoboken: Wiley Blackwell, 2020. 81-105 [Pound's Imagism, 85-87]. Chapter summary.
- Bancroft, Christian. Queering Modernist Translation: The Poetics of Race, Gender, and Queerness. New York and London: Routledge, 2020 [1. "In the Meantime, My Songs Will Travel": Ezra Pound’s Elektra and Cathay, 21-66, chapter abstract].
- Beasley, Rebecca. Russomania: Russian Culture and the Creation of British Modernism, 1881-1922. New York: Oxford UP, 2020. Chapter abstracts.
- Carey, John. A Little History of Poetry. New Haven: Yale UP, 2020 [30. Inventing Modernism: Eliot, Pound, 215-221, free online; 31. West Meets East: Waley, Pound, the Imagists, 222-229, free online]. Chapter abstracts.
- Dimock, Wai-chee. Weak Planet: Literature and Assisted Survival. Chicago and London: U of Chicago P, 2020 [5. Vaguely Islamic: Henri Matisse, James Joyce, Ezra Pound, and Langston Hughes, with Paul Bowles].
- Feldman, Matthew. Politics, Intellectuals, and Faith: Essays. Stuttgart: ibidem P, 2020 [Part 1. Ezra Pound, Modernist and Fascist; 1. An Ideologue’s Journey: Ezra Pound from Tradition in Italian Fascism to the Postwar Fascist Tradition; 2. The ‘Pound Case’ in Historical Perspective: An Archival Overview; 3. Ezra Pound and Ernst Kantorowicz: From Medieval to Modern Autocracies; 4. Make it Crude: Ezra Pound’s Antisemitic Propaganda for the BUF and PNF; 5. Reappraising the ‘Pound Case’, 1940-45; 6. Ezra Pound’s Political Faith from First to Second Generation; or, “It is 1956 Fascism”; 7. ‘Penny-wise...’: Ezra Pound’s Posthumous Legacy to Fascism; 8. “Fascism for the Third Millennium”: An Overview of Language and Ideology in Italy’s CasaPound Movement].
- Garcia, Edgar. Signs of the Americas: A Poetics of Pictography, Hieroglyphs, and Khipu. Chicago and London: U of Chicago P, 2020.
- Ginsberg, Allen. The Fall of America Journals, 1965-1971. Ed. Michael Schumacher. Minneapolis: U of Minnesota P, 2020.
- Glaser, Ben. Modernism's Metronome: Meter and Twentieth-Century Poetics. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins UP, 2020 [3. "No Feet to Walk On": Pound's Late Victorian Prosody, 81-106, excerpt].
- Golden, Amanda. Annotating Modernism: Marginalia and Pedagogy from Virginia Woolf to the Confessional Poets. London and New York: Routledge, 2020 [2. John Berryman annotating modernism, 91-128 (Scholarship. Annotating Pound. Editing Pound), chapter abstract].
- Hakutani, Yoshinobu. American Haiku, Eastern Philosophies, and Modernist Poetics. Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books, 2020 [4. Ezra Pound, Imagism, and Haiku, 61-79].
- Hawkes, David. The Reign of Anti-Logos: Performance in Postmodernity. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, 2020 [7. Modernism, Inflation, and the Gold Standard, 161-192, chapter abstract].
- Hickok, Rufus. The Paris Bureau: How a Brooklyn Journalist Survived Jazz Age Paris with Help from Ernest Hemingway, Ezra Pound and his Family. New York: DIO P, 2020. An account of Guy and Mary Hickok, the author's great-grandparents, during the time they ran the Daily Brooklyn Eagle bureau.
- Hughes, Glenn. From Dickinson to Dylan: Visions of Transcendence in Modernist Literature. Columbia: U of Missouri P, 2020 [4. History and Transcendence in Ezra Pound's Cantos and T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets, chapter excerpt].
- Lockerd, Martin. Decadent Catholicism and the Making of Modernism. London: Bloomsbury Academic, 2020.
- Longenbach, James. The Lyric Now. Chicago: U of Chicago P, 2020.
- Marcus, Jane. Nancy Cunard: Perfect Stranger. Ed. and with an Introd. and Afterword by Jean Mills. Clemson: Clemson UP, 2020 [3. Between Men: Eliot, Pound, and Fresca, 75-100, chapter abstract].
- Montgomery, Will. Short Form American Poetry: The Modernist Tradition. Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP, 2020 [1. Ezra Pound, H.D. and Imagism, 15-41, chapter summary].
- Oppenheimer, Paul. Poetry and Freedom: Discoveries in Aesthetics 1985-2018. London and New York: Anthem P, 2020 [3. Ezra Pound: The Solitary Volcano, 25-32, chapter abstract].
- Pokrivčák, Anton. American Literature of the Twentieth Century: Modernism and After. Trnava: Pedagogická fakulta Trnavskej univerzity v Trnave, 2020 [Ezra Pound, 26-33]. Free online.
- Rasula, Jed. Acrobatic Modernism from the Avant-Garde to Prehistory. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2020 [4. Make It New, 163-200, chapter abstract].
- Rosner, Victoria. Machines for Living: Modernism and Domestic Life. New York: Oxford UP, 2020
- Samway, Patrick, S.J. John Berryman and Robert Giroux: A Publishing Friendship. Notre Dame, Indiana: U of Notre Dame P, 2020
- Stevenson, Guy. Anti-Humanism in the Counterculture. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, 2020 [1. Introduction: Romanticism, Humanism and the Counterculture, 1-17 (No Bob Dylan Without Ezra Pound, 1-3); 2. Henry Miller and the Beats: An Anti-humanist Precedent, 19-57 (Miller and Ezra Pound, 42-45)]. Free online.
- Ziolkowski, Theodore. Roman Poets in Modern Guise: The Reception of Roman Poetry since World War I. Rochester, N.Y.: Camden House, 2020.
ARTICLES IN JOURNALS AND COLLECTIONS
- Alawi, Nabil, and Samah Jarrad. "The translation of modern English poetry into Arabic: treating the idiosyncrasies of content and form." An-Najah University Journal of Research (Humanities) 34.3 (2020): 1-38. Free online.
- Armand, Louis. "'Barbaric Peoples of the Earth': The Avant-Garde and the Revolt Against Civilisation." Open Library of Humanities 6.1 (17 Apr. 2020), art. 10. Free online and here and here.
- Barrett, T. H. "Zen and the 'Image' in Tang Poetry." British Journal of Chinese Studies 10 (July 2020). Free online and here and here.
- Bashota, Halil, and Vlera Ejupi. "Imagist Poetry of Twentieth Century American Poets: Ezra Pound, Amy Lowell and Hilda Doolittle." 2019 UBT International Conference. Pristina, Kosovo: University for Business and Technology. 19-26. Free online.
- Cha, Dongho. "'Can't Move 'em with a Cold Thing like Economics': On Pound's Cantos 18 and 19." Philosophy and Literature 44.2 (Dec. 2020): 486-491. Excerpt and first page.
- Deng, Wensheng, and Ke Zhang. "Translation Idea: What Is Under-appreciated by a Teacher of Scholar." Theory and Practice in Language Studies 10.7 (July 2020): 777-784. Free online and here.
- Eisner, Martin. "Dante and the Spectrum of Medieval Vernacular Poetry, or, How Giacomo and Joyce, Brunetto and Eliot, and Bertran and Pound Rhyme." Approaches to Teaching Dante's Divine Comedy. Second ed. Eds. Christopher Kleinhenz and Kristina Olson. New York: Modern Language Association of America, 2020. 88-95.
- Estrade, Charlotte. "Portraits of Ezra Pound: a diachronic approach to visual and poetic manifestoes." Savoirs en prisme 12 (septembre 2020): 119-128. Free online and here and here and here and here and here.
- Fang, Xia. "Translation as Creative Writing Practice." New Writing, Published online: 11 June 2020. Abstract.
- Gao, Ning, and Wang Feng. "A Study on the Tang Poetry Translation in the Perspective of 'Harmony-guided Three-level Poetry Translation Criteria' - a Case Study of Li Bai's 'Climbing the Phoenix Terrace in Jinling.'" European Journal of Applied Linguistics Studies 3.1 (2020): 30-40 [comparing and analyzing translations of Li Bai's poem 登金陵凤凰台 by Sun Dayu, Xu Yuanchong, Ezra Pound (translated as "The City of Choan"), and Robert Payne]. Free online and here.
- Georges, Emilie. "Ezra Pound's Representations of Sexual Intercourse and the Female Genitalia in The Cantos." Miranda. Revue pluridisciplinaire du monde anglophone / multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal on the English-speaking world 21 (2020). Free online and here.
- Gerard, Philip. "Pound Notes in German Markets: Paul Celan, Usury, and the Postwar Currency of Ezra Pound." Modernism/modernity 27.1 (January 2020): 125-145. Free online and here.
- Green, Fiona. "'Black Obsidian Diana': Moore, Pound, and the Curation of Race." The Yearbook of English Studies 50 (2020): 61-80. Abstract and first page.
- Guo, Cheng. "Ezra Pound's Translation of Chinese Poetry." International Journal of Education and Management 5.3 (Sept. 2020): 34-36. Free online.
- Hall, Geoff. "Literature, Challenge, and Mediation in 21st Century Language Learning." Literature in Language Learning: New Approaches. Eds. Ana Bela Almeida, Ulrike Bavendiek, and Rosalba Biasini. Research-publishing.net, 2020. 7-13 [3. An example: reading Pound's 'River-merchant's wife' in China, 10-12]. Free online and here and here and here.
- Hall, Jason David. "Sonic Forms: Ezra Pound's Anti-Metronome Modernism in Context." Sound and Literature. Ed. Anna Snaith. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2020. 74-91. Chapter summary.
- Hama, Bakhtiar Sabir. "Imagism and Imagery in the Selected Poems of Major Imagist Poets." Koya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 3.1 (June 2020): 88-93. Free online and here.
- Hendra, Judith. "B.H. Dias and the Baker Collection." Make It New 5.4 (Winter 2020).
- Hendra, Judith. "Mr B.H. Dias and Mr Wyndham Lewis." Make It New 5.4 (Winter 2020).
- Houwen, Andrew. "'Min's Lamp in Nippon': Ezra Pound and Japanese Neoconfucianism." Essays and Studies in British & American Literature 66 (2020): 23-37. Free online and here and here.
- "In Memoriam Caterina Ricciardi, 1947-2020." Make It New 5.4 (Winter 2020). Contents: Caterina Ricciardi 1947-2020, by Massimo Bacigalupo; Caterina Ricciardi - Photo Essay; Luca Gallesi Interviews Caterina Ricciardi, translated and annotated by Archie Henderson and Massimo Bacigalupo; Caterina Ricciardi Bibliography 1977-2020, by Archie Henderson.
- "In Memoriam Eva Hesse, 1925-2020." Make It New 5.4 (Winter 2020). Contents: Eva Hesse - A Memoir, by Richard Dean Taylor; Eva Hesse - Photo Essay; Eva Hesse Bibliography 1950-2012, by Archie Henderson.
- "In Memoriam Marcella Spann Booth, 1932-2020." Make It New 5.4 (Winter 2020). Contents: Encountering Marcella Spann Booth, by Richard Dean Taylor; Marcella Spann Booth (1932-2020), by Walter Baumann; Marcella Spann Booth - Photo Essay; Marcella Spann Booth Bibliography 1957-2012, by Archie Henderson.
- Jeffery, Lucy. "Ezra Pound and Constantin Brancusi: Sculptural Form and the Struggle to 'Make It Cohere.'" Word & Image 36.3 (July 2020): 237-247. Free online.
- Jiang Hongxin. "Painting and Poetry: Ezra Pound's 'Seven Lakes Canto' and Eight Views of Xiao Xiang." Revista Brasileira de Literatura Comparada 22.41 (set./dez. 2020): 84-94. Free online and here and here and here.
- Kennedy, Kevin. "'Between Law and Transgression: Literature as a (Non-) Civilizing Strategy in the Early 20th Century.'" Open Library of Humanities 6.1 (3 June 2020), art. 17. Free online and here and here.
- Li, Qingben. "China Question of American Imagism." CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture 22.5 (December 2020), Art. 12 [2. The Influences of Chinese Art and Poetry on Ezra Pound; 3. Pound's Appropriations of Ancient Chinese Poetry]. Free online.
- Ma, Xiao, and Lili Dang. "New Cosmopolitanism as a Way out of Ethical Dilemma in Foreignization: A Comparison of Ezra Pound's and Yuanchong Xu's Classical Chinese Poetry Translation." International Journal of Applied Linguistics and Translation 6.1 (March 2020): 1-11. Free online and here.
- May, Will. "'The Builder's Whim': Pound, Ethics, and the Whimsical Poet." Literary Imagination, Published: 17 May 2020. Abstract.
- May, Will. "The Long Poem after Pound." A Companion to Contemporary British and Irish Poetry, 1960-2015. Eds. Wolfgang Görtschacher and David Malcolm. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell, 2020. 191-198. Chapter abstract.
- Mayer, Andre. "No prize for Pound." Letter to the editor. Times Literary Supplement 6099 (Feb. 21, 2020).
- Mortson, Darren Douglas. "'Down in a Bhud Mess': Ezra Pound, Ernest Fenollosa and Buddhism." Mejiro University Journal of Humanities 16 (Mar. 2020): 17-35. Free online and here.
- Musliha, Waleed Shihan, and Raafat N. Muneer Al-Heety. "The Use of Metaphorcity in the Poetry of Ezra Pound and Sylvia Plath: A Comparative Study." International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change 14.7 (2020): 935-946. Free online.
- Odom, Nicholas. "T. S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, and Literary Tradition." The Macksey Journal (The Richard Macksey National Undergraduate Humanities Research Symposium at Johns Hopkins U) 1 (2020), Art. 165. Free online and here.
- Shershnova, Anna. "Meaning-Making Through Montage in English-Language Haiku." Lege Artis: Language Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow 5.1 (June 2020): 314-349. Free online.
- Stevens, Jeremy. "What the Nightingale Sings: History, Lyric, and the Modernist Epic." ELH 87.1 (Spring 2020): 245-272 [a reading of the figure of the nightingale in T.S. Eliot's "A Game of Chess" section in The Waste Land and Ezra Pound's Canto 20]. Abstract and first page.
- Stevenson, Guy. "Diluting Holy Writ: From the 'Men of 1914' to the Beat Generation." Textual Practice 34.9 (Sept. 2020): 1575-1598. Abstract.
- Su, Kent. "'Confucius at the "Apricot Altar"' in Ezra Pound's Canto XIII." Notes and Queries 67.1 (March 2020): 137-138. Abstract.
- Tan, Joan Qionglin, and Sandro Jung. "Semiotic Fitness: The Chinese Written Character and its Metamorphosis in Modern American Poetry." Arbeiten aus Anglistik und Amerikanistik 45.1 (June 2020): 83-104. Abstract.
- Vélez Olivera, Juanita. "Translation: The misleading keyword." Kulturella Perspektiv 29.3 (2020): 43-48. Free online.
- Williamson, Andrew. "Pound 'Re/ Sound.'" Journal of Modern Literature 43.4 (Summer 2020): 1-17. Free online.
- Allen, Will. Rev. of Sound and Literature, ed. Anna Snaith. Textual Practice, Published online: 26 Nov. 2020. First page.
- Anon. Rev. of The Fall of America Journals, 1965-1971, by Allen Ginsberg, ed. Michael Schumacher. Kirkus Reviews 88.18 (15 Sept. 2020): 66. Free online.
- Azzopardi, Mark. Rev. of Natalia Cecire, Experimental: American Literature and the Aesthetics of Knowledge. Affirmations: Of the Modern 7.1 (16 June 2020). Free online and here.
- Brooker, Joseph. Rev. of Serial Encounters: Ulysses and The Little Review, by Clare Hutton. Modernism/modernity 27.4 (Dec. 2020): 853-855. Excerpt and first page.
- Bugaj, Malgorzata. "Futurist Cinema / Cubism and Futurism." Rev. of two books, including Cubism and Futurism: Spiritual Machines and the Cinematic Effect, by R. Bruce Elder. NECSUS: European Journal of Media Studies 9.1 (Spring 2020): 269-277. Free online and here.
- Byers, Mark. Rev. of Jacob Edmond, Make It the Same: Poetry in the Age of Global Media. The Review of English Studies, Published: 15 September 2020. Free online.
- Caserio, Robert L. "Audacious Reconciliation." Rev. of Rethinking G.K. Chesterton and Literary Modernism: Parody, Performance, and Popular Culture, by Michael Shallcross. Journal of Modern Literature 44.1 (Fall 2020): 186-190. Abstract and first page.
- Catan, Wayne. Rev. of Hemingway and Pound: A Most Unlikely Friendship, by John Cohassey. Simply Charly, August 20, 2020. Free online.
- Chace, William M. Rev. of Modernism and the Law, by Robert Spoo. Common Knowledge 26.2 (Apr. 2020): 358-359. First page. Second page.
- Cleary, Heather. Rev. of Incomparable Empires: Modernism and the Translation of Spanish and American Literature, by Gayle Rogers. Revista Hispánica Moderna 73.1 (June 2020): 133-136. Free online.
- Detwyler, Anatoly. Rev. of Make It the Same: Poetry in the Age of Global Media, by Jacob Edmond. Modernism/modernity 27.2 (April 2020): 420-423. Free online.
- Emerson, Caryl. Rev. of Utopias of One, by Joshua Kotin. Common Knowledge 26.1 (Jan. 2020): 151-152. Excerpt and first page.
- Ferreccio, Giuliana. Rev. of Michael Coyle and Roxana Preda, Ezra Pound and the Career of Modern Criticism. Make It New 5.4 (Winter 2020).
- Fèvre, Raphaël. Rev. of The Routledge Companion to Literature and Economics, eds. Matt Seybold and Michelle Chihara. The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Published online: 3 Sept. 2020. First page.
- Frayn, Andrew. Rev. of Oliver Tearle, The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem. The Review of English Studies 71.298 (February 2020): 193-195. Abstract.
- Henderson, Archie, and Christopher McVey. "Pound and Eliot." American Literary Scholarship 2018 (2020): 125-144 [short reviews, by Henderson, of Readings in the Cantos, Volume 1, ed. Richard Parker; Anderson Araujo, A Companion to Ezra Pound's "Guide to Kulchur"; Michael Coyle and Roxana Preda, Ezra Pound and the Career of Modern Criticism: Professional Attention; and "Astern in the Dinghy: Commentaries on Ezra Pound's Thrones de los Cantares 96-109," ed. Alexander Howard]. Excerpt and first page. First page.
- Henderson, John. Rev. of They Keep It All Hid: Augustan Poetry, Its Antecedents and Reception, eds. Peter E. Knox, Hayden Pelliccia, and Alexander Sens. Bryn Mawr Classical Review 2020.03.03. Free online.
- Hibbard, Andrea. "Modernism & the Law." Rev. of Robert Spoo, Modernism and the Law. English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920 63.2 (2020): 258-261. Excerpt and first page.
- Howard, Alexander. Rev. of Mark Byron and Sophia Barnes (eds.), Ezra Pound's and Olga Rudge's The Blue Spill: A Manuscript Critical Edition. Make It New 5.4 (Winter 2020).
- Kalck, Xavier. Rev. of The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem, by Oliver Tearle. Miranda. Revue pluridisciplinaire du monde anglophone / Multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal on the English-speaking world 20 (Mar. 2020). Free online and here.
- Ketteringham, Sean. Rev. of Christos Hadjiyiannis, Conservative Modernists: Literature and Tory Politics in Britain, 1900-1920. Notes and Queries, Published: 16 April 2020. Abstract.
- Kettler, Andrew. Rev. of Filthy Material: Modernism and the Media of Obscenity, by Chris Forster. Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Published online: 24 Feb. 2020. Free online.
- Kolocotroni, Vassiliki. "The Classics and Modernist Translators." Rev. of The Classics in Modernist Translation, eds. Miranda Hickman and Lynn Kozak. The Classical Review 70.2 (Oct. 2020): 516-518. Free online and here.
- Ku, Ryanson Alessandro. Rev. of three books, including The East-West Exchange and Late Modernism: Williams, Moore, Pound, by Zhaoming Qian. American Literature 92.2 (June 2020): 387-390. Abstract.
- Liebregts, Peter. Rev. of The New Ezra Pound Studies, ed. Mark Byron. Affirmations: Of the Modern 7 (5 Nov. 2020). Free online and here.
- Loydell, Rupert. "A Biographical Solution." Rev. of Ezra Pound, Italy, and The Cantos, by Massimo Bacigalupo. Stride magazine, 24 April 2020. Free online and here.
- Maunsell, Jerome Boyd. Rev. of Rebecca Roach, Literature and the Rise of the Interview. The Review of English Studies 71.299 (Apr. 2020): 402-404. Abstract.
- Mead, Henry. "Conservative Modernists." Rev. of Christos Hadjiyiannis, Conservative Modernists: Literature and Tory Politics in Britain, 1900-1920. English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920 63.2 (2020): 270-272. Excerpt and first page.
- Mihálycsa, Erika. Rev. of Understanding Derrida, Understanding Modernism, ed. Jean-Michel Rabaté. Textual Practice, Published online: 10 Dec. 2020. First page.
- Milne, W. S. "Omniform." Rev. of The Edinburgh Companion to Ezra Pound and the Arts, ed. Roxana Preda. Agenda 53.4 (April 2020): 53-5.
- Mills, Gareth. Rev. of Lise Jaillant (ed.). Publishing Modernist Fiction and Poetry. The Review of English Studies 71.298 (February 2020): 195-198. Abstract and here.
- Moctezuma, Jose-Luis. Rev. of Expressivity in Modern Poetry, by Donald Wellman. Modernism/modernity 27.3 (Oct. 2020): 627-629. Excerpt and first page.
- Moore, Steven. "Pound's 'Italocentric Worldview': On Massimo Bacigalupo's Ezra Pound, Italy, and 'The Cantos.'" Rev. of Ezra Pound, Italy, and The Cantos, by Massimo Bacigalupo. Literary Matters, October 25, 2020. Free online.
- Perloff, Marjorie. Rev. of Questioning Minds: The Letters of Guy Davenport and Hugh Kenner, ed. Edward M. Burns. Common Knowledge 26.1 (Jan. 2020): 166-167. Excerpt and first page.
- Pryor, Sean. Rev. of Oliver Tearle, The Great War, The Waste Land and the Modernist Long Poem. Affirmations: of the modern 7 (4 Feb. 2020). Free online and here.
- Randall, Belle. Rev. of The Transmutation of Love and Avant-Garde Poetics, by Jeanne Heuving. Common Knowledge 26.1 (Jan. 2020): 167. Free online and here.
- Rosenbaum, Susan. Rev. of three books, including Deafening Modernism: Embodied Language and Visual Poetics in American Literature, by Rebecca Sanchez. American Literature 92.2 (June 2020): 394-397. Abstract.
- Sharpe, Tony. Rev. of Massimo Bacigalupo, Ezra Pound, Italy, and The Cantos. The Review of English Studies, Published: 24 September 2020. Abstract.
- Smith, Jules. "Frankly and fiercely." Rev. of Circling the Canon: The Selected Book Reviews of Marjorie Perloff. David Jonathan Bayot, Editor. Two volumes. The Times Literary Supplement, July 24, 2020. Free online.
- Solomon, Bill. Rev. of On Company Time: American Modernism in the Big Magazines, by Donal Harris, and Poetic Modernism in the Culture of Mass Print, by Bartholomew Brinkman. American Literature 92.1 (Mar. 2020): 166-169. Abstract.
Stalter-Pace, Sunny. Rev. of Leonard Diepeveen, Modernist Fraud: Hoax, Parody, Deception. Modernism/modernity 27.2 (April 2020): 412-414. Free online.
- Su, Kent (Yi-Kuan). Rev. of Timothy Billings (ed.), Ezra Pound, Cathay: A Critical Edition. The Review of English Studies 71.301 (September 2020): 797-799. Abstract.
- Talbot, John. Rev. of The Classics in Modernist Translation, eds. Miranda Hickman and Lynn Kozak. Translation and Literature 29.2 (June 2020): 233-245. First page.
- Taylor, Jane H. M. Rev. of François Villon in English Poetry: Translation and Influence, by Claire Pascolini-Campbell. French Studies 74.1 (January 2020): 108-109. Free online and here.
- Tearle, Oliver. Rev. of Christos Hadjiyiannis, Conservative Modernists: Literature and Tory Politics in Britain, 1900-1920. The Review of English Studies 71.301 (September 2020): 795-796. Abstract.
- Vrana, Laura. "Criticism and the Justification of Modernism." Rev. of Poet-Critics and the Administration of Culture, by Evan Kindley. Journal of Modern Literature 43.4 (Summer 2020): 190-197. Abstract and first page.
- Wall, J. L. "Stuck with Pound." Rev. of Cathay: A Critical Edition, by Ezra Pound, ed. Timothy Billings, and The Bughouse: The Poetry, Politics, and Madness of Ezra Pound, by Daniel Swift. The University Bookman, Aug. 9, 2020. Free online.
- Wall, William. "Il Miglior Fabbro." Rev. of Ezra Pound, Italy, and The Cantos, by Massimo Bacigalupo. Dublin Review of Books, 1 Oct. 2020. Free online.
- Warwick, Mal. "James Jesus Angleton, the man who nearly destroyed the CIA." Rev. of The Ghost: The Secret Life of CIA Spymaster James Jesus Angleton, by Jefferson Morley. Mal Warwick's Blog on Books, 2020. Full text.
- Witucki, Barbara. Rev. of Modernism and Homer: The Odysseys of H. D., James Joyce, Osip Mandelstam, and Ezra Pound, by Leah Culligan Flack. The Journal of Hellenic Studies 140 (Nov. 2020): 302. Free online.
- Wong, Edwin. Rev. of The Gift: How the Creative Spirit Transforms the World, by Lewis Hyde (Vintage, 2019 3rd edition (1983 original)). Doing Melpomene's Work, October 2020. Free online.
- Zhu, Yanhong. Rev. of Make It the Same: Poetry in the Age of Global Media, by Jacob Edmond. Chinese Literature, Essays, Articles, Reviews 42 (Dec 2020): 194-198. First page.
- "The Cantos of Ezra Pound - 1930's." Edinburgh: Scottish Poetry Library, February 18, 2020. This event, sponsored by The Cantos Project at the University of Edinburgh and the Leverhulme Trust, showcases the poems of the Fifth Decad of Cantos. Cantos 31, 36, 37, 39, 41, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 49, and 51. Reader: Paul Cunningham. Introduction by Prof. Peter Liebregts. Videos on The Cantos Project and Media Hopper Create - The University of Edinburgh Media Platform. Videos and here.
- Abrahamsson, Carl. "My Ezra Pound-James Laughlin lecture." Carl Abrahamsson, June 2, 2020. "Literchoor, Kulchur and a Damned Fine Friendship: on the Symbiosis of Ezra Pound and James Laughlin," a lecture in the final panel from the conference Re-writing the Future: 100 Years of Esoteric Modernism Psychoanalysis, held at Brunnenburg Castle, Merano, Italy, on June 1, 2019. Video and here.
- Alcalay, Ammiel. "Ammiel Alcalay on Ezra Pound's Canto XLV." Dispatches Poetry Wars, May 10, 2020. Free online.
- Bingham, Sallie. "Treason on Stage." Sallie Bingham, April 26, 2020. On Sallie Bingham's play Treason. Free online.
- Brady, Philip. "Kevin Oderman talks about Ezra Pound." Philip Brady, July 7, 2020. An interview with Kevin Oderman, author of Ezra Pound and the Erotic Medium (1986). Video.
- Burke, Ted. "Emily [Dickinson] and Ezra.” The Variable Foot, July 10, 2020. Free online.
- Burke, Ted. "More about Pound.” The Variable Foot, July 25, 2020. Free online.
- Burton, Kristen. "Ezra Weston Loomis Pound." "To the Best of My Ability: The Postwar Years" (The National WWII Museum, New Orleans), Dec. 17, 2020. Season 2, Episode 3. With guest Daniel Swift. Written by Gemma R. Birnbaum. Podcast and transcript.
- Davies, Jacob. "Ezra Pound." What Are Poems, Sept. 6, 2020. Podcast and here and here.
- Dubin, Brian. "Ezra Pound and the modernist image." Twentieth Century, Student Writing Center, 6 Apr. 2016. Updated 19 May 2020. Free online.
- "Ezra Pound." London Remembers, 2020? On the blue plaque outside Kensington Church Walk, 10, the London house that Pound lived in between 1909-1914. Photos.
- Ezra Pound Map. Scribble Maps. 2020? Map.
- "Ezra Pound Reading His Poetry." Internet Archive, September 1, 2020. Audio.
- "Ezra Pound's house and Alice B. Toklas's Apartment." VoiceMap, 2020? Audio guide and map to No. 70, bis, rue Notre Dame des Champs. Free online.
- Fan, Ryan. "The Fascist Poet. Today, Ezra Pound is known more for his politics than his poetry." Frame of Reference, Dec. 5, 2020. Free online.
- Follett, Eric A. "A Proposal To Make Explicit The Pre-Existing Vortex Long In Operation Between Idaho And Philadelphia." ScholarDay, Apr. 2, 2020. Free online.
- Gasson, Rochel. "Ezra Pound." Mina Loy: Navigating the Avant-Garde (University of Georgia), 2020. Free online.
- Holme, Mike. "Ezra Pound: Poetry and Politics." Mad Politics: The Bizarre, Fascinating, and Unknown of American Political History, May 24, 2020. Free online.
- Jones, Josh. "Scenes of Ezra Pound Wandering Through Venice and Reading from His Famous Pisan Cantos (1967)." Open Culture, April 29, 2020. Free online.
- Kempton, Karl. "The Enigma of Henri-Martin Barzun." Synapse International, March 26, 2020. Free online.
- Kuhl, Nancy. "American Translators: Ezra Pound." The Practice of Literary Translation: Beinecke Resources - Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, December 18, 2020. Includes links to Ezra Pound Papers Collection Guide, Correspondence, and Manuscripts (Arnaut Daniel, Three Cantos, Canzoni, Cathay, Cavalcanti Translations: Sonnets and Ballate, and Other Translation Materials). Free online.
- loomiscollection. "Where in the World is Ezra Pound?" 2020? Story Map.
- McDougall, Benedick Flexmore. "Ezra Pound's Greek Anthology." Journal of the History of Ideas Blog, March 4, 2020. Free online.
- Mambrol, Nasrullah. "Imagism in Poetry." Literariness.org, July 10, 2020. Free online.
- Martin, Stoddard. "The Genial and the Unintelligible – George Santayana on Ezra Pound." The Brazen Head, 18 October 2020. Free online.
- Nadel, Ira, and Demetres Tryphonopoulos. "A chronology of the life of Ezra Pound, an adjunct to Teaching Approaches to Ezra Pound's Poetry and Prose (MLA)." 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Commentary to The Siena Cantos." [XLII-XLIII-XLIV] The Cantos Project, 31 January 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLII." The Cantos Project, 27 January 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLIII." The Cantos Project, 27 January 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLIV." The Cantos Project, 27 January 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLV." The Cantos Project, 17 February 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLVI." The Cantos Project, 7 April 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLVII." The Cantos Project, 8 May 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLVIII." The Cantos Project, 8 June 2020. Free online.
- Preda, Roxana. "Companion to canto XLIX." The Cantos Project, 31 July 2020. Free online.
- Radaelli, Mariella. "Zoagli: The Poetic Redoubt of Ezra Pound and the Velvet." L'Italo-Americano, July 28, 2020. Free online.
- Sawyer, Richard. "Coition the Sacrament: the Odyssean Mysteries in Canto 47." The Cantos Project, 14 May 2020. Free online.
- Sawyer, Richard. "The Golden Tiger Mysteries in Canto 21 & the Fire-Kindling Rite in Canto 39." The Cantos Project, 16 February 2020. Free online.
- Sawyer, Richard. "I Am Hathor. The Beast Fables Excised from Canto 39." The Cantos Project, 6 February 2020. Free online.
- Sawyer, Richard. "The 12 Regents in Canto 51." The Cantos Project, 2 April 2020. Free online.
- Sawyer, Richard. “Canto 46 and the ex nihil Racket.” The Cantos Project, 6 July 2020. Free online.
- Sawyer, Richard. “Five Elements Theory and the Yüeh Ling Calendar.” The Cantos Project, 13 November 2020. Free online.
- Sawyer, Richard. “Neschek, the Serpent in Pound’s Paradise.” The Cantos Project, 11 December 2020. Free online.
- Sellar, Gordon. Blogging Pound's The Cantos. Canto LXXI. 12 April 2020. gordsellar.com.
- Smith, Helaine L. "All Sorts of Reasons - for Ezra Pound." Singapore Unbound, July 27, 2020. On "The Tomb at Akr Çaar." Free online.
- Stratton, Connor, and Jack Rossiter-Munley. "Episode 093 Ezra Pound's Black Cat Poem - Reflections Week Ep. 1." Close Talking: A Poetry Podcast, 25 April 2020. On Pound's haiku "Mediterranean March." Free online and here and here and here.
- "10 Kensington Church Walk, London W8 4NB. Ezra Pound (Poet)." John Yugin's Plaques Website, 2020? Ezra Pound's Blue Plaque. Photos Taken: 23-Feb-2016. Photos.
- Thom. "Weekly Poem: Haikus." Get informed - Explorations in English Language Learning (Universität Hamburg), August 17, 2020. Free online.
- Washburn, Michael. "Ezra Pound: Prototypical Beat?" Porridge, September 26, 2020. On Ezra Pound and Allen Ginsberg. Free online.
- "Whither American Poetry – Part 5." TGAPS, 2020? Free online.
- Williamson, Andrew. "Poetry 'By the Eye'-A Closer Look at JML 43.4." Indiana UP Blog, November 11, 2020. Free online.
- Wilson, A.N. "Return to Poundland." A.N. Wilson Blog, May 16, 2020. On Pound Reconsidered, a special issue of Agenda comprising Agenda 53.4 (Spring/Summer 2020). Free online and here.