27th Ezra Pound International Conference
Kislak Center, VanPelt-Dietrich Library, SixthFloor
3420 Walnut Street, University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Sunday, 18 June - Sunday, 25 June, 2017
Ezra Pound, Philadelphia Genius, and Modern American Poetry:
William Carlos Williams, Hilda Doolittle, and Marianne Moore
Dear EPIC Participants, Session Chairs, Poundians, Poets, Scholars, and Friends:
In just a few days we will be gathering for the long-awaited 27th Ezra Pound International Conference: Ezra Pound,Philadelphia Genius, and Modern American Poetry: William Carlos Williams, Hilda Doolittle, and Marianne Moore at the Kislak Center, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library, on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania.
Registration for the conference will begin on Monday, 19 June, 4:00-6:00 pm at the Kislak Center on the 6th Floor of the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library. Enter the library from the Quad (across from College Hall) and take the elevators to the sixth floor.
Before you leave, please take a moment to check the EPIC website for three important announcements and the Welcome Message listed on the Home page of the conference.
You can also search the website for detailed directions for travel to and around Philadelphia, as well as other valuable information to assure that you have a safe and comfortable arrival in Philadelphia. For presenters and chairs, check the Conference Program to make sure you know the date, time, and location of your session. Last-minute changes to the program will be announced.
For your convenience, here are the three announcements:
1. SUNDAY, 18 JUNE, 6:00 – 9:00 PM: Informal Pre-Conference Gathering
If you are planning to arrive in Philadelphia before the conference begins, you are invited to join local organizers at Mad Mex, //www.google.com/maps/place/Mad+Mexfirstname.lastname@example.org,-75.195602,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m5%213m4%211s0x89c6c65a787d9a9b:0xe85b11bdfb64c515%218m2%213d39.9533586%214d-75.1934133" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">3401 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, for an informal gathering. The food and drink menu for this venue is available online at:
The entrance to Mad Mex is behind the Dunkin' Donuts that faces Walnut Street. It is also accessible from the alley between Walnut and Sansom Streets. See the Google map on the EPIC website home page.
2. TECHNICAL INFORMATION FOR PRESENTERS
For those presenters who are planning to use PowerPoint slides or some other web based application, eg. Prezi or Microsoft Word, the Conference Organizers would like to provide the following guidelines for your benefit. It is our goal to insure that your presentation will go off without a hitch.
- The Kislak Center conference facility is equipped with state of the art technology. Each of the session rooms, Pavilion, Kislak 625 and Kislak 626/627, include:
- Windows based computers;
- Wireless network connections;
- Overhead projectors and screens;
- Connecting cables to hook up a laptop (Mac or Windows-based laptops).
- If your PowerPoint is ready, please feel free to email your file to
- Alternatively, if your presentation is not ready, please arrive fifteen minutes before your session starts to allow conference staff to upload your presentation on the computer or hook your laptop up to the system.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding EPIC technology, please send us an email at
3. CONFERENCE MOBILE APP
The EPIC 2017 conference app is now available for Android and iOS systems. This app may update automatically until the conference start date.
Follow these steps to download the app:
- Download Guidebook on the device you want to use to access the app (smartphone, tablet, etc.). Due to the large number of participants in this year's conference, please only download the app onto one device per person.
- Google Play Store (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guidebook.android&hl=en
- Apple Store (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guidebook/id428713847?mt=8
- More information about downloading Guidebook: http://guidebook.com/getit
- Open Guidebook.
- You may create a Guidebook account or log into an existing one, but this is not required to download the EPIC app. To download without creating an account, press the X in the top left.
- Click the "Enter Passphrase" button at the top of the page. Enter the passphrase “leapinglikedolphins”.
- Follow the prompts to download the EPIC 2017 app.
If you have any questions about the app, please contact the conference organizers at
Thanks to the tireless efforts of many people who have worked to design, plan, and implement this EPIC, we anticipate a dynamic, unforgettable week of meetings, talks, special events, excursions, tours, art, and poetry.